Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Genie Mini Audio For Headphones

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jps6468

jps6468

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

I have just had installed a Genie plus a Mini in my bedroom.  In the BR I previously had an HR20.  I use a Sennheiser wireless headphone to keep from disturbing my wife.  The headphone transmitter was connected via RCA plugs to the audio out on the HR20 with the TV sound and audio via HDMI.  The Mini has some type of digital video out but I don't think this will be suitable for the headphone plugs.  Can someone recommend the best way to get audio to the headphone transmitter from the Mini?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 11,710 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

There's a special Composite Video "dongle" cable that connects to the DIN connector on the Genie Client. It will break out the analog RCA audio and composite video signals.  You can get one by calling DirecTV, or order via dealers like Solid Signal. 

HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   LiQiCE

LiQiCE

Mentor

• Registered
  • 232 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

litzdog911's answer is correct - additionally though, you may be able to see if your TV has Audio Out.  Some TVs have RCA Audio out which you could hook up to your headphones.  One advantage of this is in some cases (depends on your TV model), the TV's volume control can also control the volume to the headphones, so you can raise/lower the volume with the TV remote.

Owned: HR44-700, HR24-500

Leased: HR24-100

#4 OFFLINE   jps6468

jps6468

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

Thanks to you both for the quick response.  I called DTV today and they are sending the dongle adapter.  I can't locate an audio out on my TV -  I could probably use a headphone jack on the TV but it would be a not-too-neat wiring connection.  The dongle can be concealed with the other equipment.  Thanks again...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...