You won't believe what I am trying now.
I moved my TV forward on the stand about 3 inches. I moved the DVR towards the rear of the stand about 3 inches to get it to not be located in front of the TV screen.
Next I cut a 3 inch wide top of a cardboard box lid about 12 inches long.
Then I scotch taped it to the top of the DVR and made about 2 inches of it stick out from the face of the DVR, kinda like the eve on the house roof.
Remote works really well.
Will see what it does in the morning after it has slept all night.
I will post back the results after 2 cold start ups.
Edited by jimmie57, 29 November 2013 - 11:27 AM.