Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NO HD PPV MOVIES ONLINE FOR PR

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RG6-Q

RG6-Q

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts
  • LocationPUERTO RICO

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

Thank you for your early order of Mayweather vs. Canelo! Below are 2 Pay-Per-View certificates.

Certificate Number

Expiration Date
2013-12-11

To use your Pay-Per-View certificates, please visit mydish.com/myppv. To view our wide selection of new release Pay-Per-View movies, please visit mydish.com/orderppv

Please note that Pay-Per-View certificates are only valid for Pay-Per-View movies up to $6.99. They cannot be used for Video on Demand movies (channels 1 and 501 or movies rented from DISH Anywhere or Blockbuster @Home). 

Thank you for being a valued DISH customer.

This is my second set of PPV certificates I receive for ordering this event, however there is a glitch.  When I go to order them they are all SD and cannot make a change since it's greyed out.  When I talk to an agent, he states I will take of it but can't, the system does not let him.  I tried three CSRs and none could.  

Wow what a deal, talk about equal treatment.  I though DISH would put more emphasis on continued sub customers.  I guess 17 years and 2 months it's not enough.  

Thanks again DISH

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

Why haven't you switched in 17 years then?

One of the usual problems for this is DISH not showing you have the correct satellite to get them in HD. Do you? If you do, see what satellites they show you having.

Edited by tampa8, 13 September 2013 - 10:35 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

Why haven't you switched in 17 years then?

One of the usual problems for this is DISH not showing you have the correct satellite to get them in HD. Do you? If you do, see what satellites they show you having.

PR get only 110 & 119. HD channels that are available to us are from those sats only. I have at200 in PR with HD free for life. Sometime back dish gave me a ppv voucher free to be used on SD or HD ppv movie. When I went to order the same happened as described by op. HD greed out. Talk to csr & both says that it's greed out because I don't have correct setup & that I don't have HD receiver. They can't explain when I pointed to my receiver 722k & HD package or why I see those Ppv channels in my guide.

They told me I can order vod in HD but can't use voucher there. In the end I didn't use the voucher.

Kind a stupid rule on dish part for PR subs regarding HD movie. Heck if we can't get them then move them to 129 & get us more HD channels for PR

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,222 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

The HD DISH Cinema channels 501, 503, 504, 507, 516, 517, 518, 519, 520, 521 and 522 are on 110 ... so they are physically available in PR (the remainder of HD DISH Cinema are on 129 and not physically available in PR due to the footprint of 129).

The issue is one of rules ... and a rule that does not seem to make sense. Vouchers not good in PR for HD? The answer to why they are not valid needs to come from the executive office - not the people answering the toll free line.

PR customers do not get the standard HD packages ... there are less channels available due to footprint differences on the satellites. But with the channels physically available (listed above) I agree they should add them so PR customers can use their coupons.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,427 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

I agree as well... but I bet it comes down to some kind of financial/tax issue.

Puerto Rico has a weird status with regards to the US.

I haven't had to send packages in a long time... but it used to be that if you mailed via the US Postal Service they had a zip code and except for cost-to-mail it was treated like any other state BUT if you ship via UPS you had to fill out a customs form as if it were a foreign country.

So... there is probably some weird deal due to their status as a US "possession" that puts Dish in a weird place with these PPV certificates.

That's my guess anyway.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#6 OFFLINE   rajmarie

rajmarie

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

Here the funny part. I can order the ppv HD movie using my remote & paying for it. Then PR status issue is gone I guess. For using the voucher & getting it free is an issue.

Anyway the above was just a one time to verify. Redbox is much better

#7 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,427 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

That's why I'm thinking it will boil down to some weird tax issue.  If they collect money it probably is ok... but if they issue a voucher, it might be something their accountants say is a problem.

I'm not saying I know OR understand... but it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#8 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,222 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

There is a difference in the corporate structure for DISH in Puerto Rico:
"DISH Network Puerto Rico L.L.C., a subsidiary of DISH Network L.L.C., is the number one pay-TV provider in Puerto Rico offering more than 100 channels of high-definition (HD) TV. DISH Puerto Rico, which works through a partnership business model, has over 70 points of sale in Puerto Rico and supports more than 750 jobs in the Island. Visit www.dishpuertorico.com ."

Perhaps coupons offered by the parent company should work with the subsidiary LLC. Or at least be clearer about "offer not valid in Puerto Rico" on the US website. (As far as I can tell, the PPV coupon offer is not on the dishpuertorico.com website.)
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#9 OFFLINE   sremick

sremick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

Curiously, I'm seeing the same thing... and I'm not in PR. I'm in the continental US.

I have PPV certificates to use from the whole Blockbuster-ending thing. I go online to look at available movies: 

https://my.dish.com/...PPVMovieList.do

All the movies are SD-only. HD isn't even given as an option.

#10 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

Call DISH and confirm the orbital slots they have marked in their system with what you actually have...129 is most likely not marked in there system. Once it is, HD will show up in your PPV options at mydish.com.

spam firewall