Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Which HR44 manufacturer is best?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RoachForLife

RoachForLife

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

The 200, 500, and 700 series.  Which is best? Which has issues? Or is there no real difference? Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tpm1999

tpm1999

Legend

• Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

Might take a little while before the quality differences are discovered....especially since most households will only have 1 hr44 to compare to.

HR44-500 Genie
2 C41W-100 Wireless Genie Minis and WVB
Genie Go
SWM Dish

#3 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 967 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

can someone please post which manufactuer makes  which model# that way if i get a hr 44 i at least know what company makes it thanks,I know that info was in one of these threads a while back but i cant remember where i saw it.

#4 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

can someone please post which manufactuer makes  which model# that way if i get a hr 44 i at least know what company makes it thanks,I know that info was in one of these threads a while back but i cant remember where i saw it.

Search is your friend.

http://www.dbstalk.c...c/#entry3173776

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#5 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,737 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

Historically, Pace has always been pretty popular around here. Don't know that they truly are better however. My HR34 was the first box I've had that wasn't a -100.

#6 OFFLINE   RoachForLife

RoachForLife

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

Thanks. Let me ask a different question. So if there are 3 versions, I assume the 'spec' (ie motherboard layout, cpu, etc) are all identical?  So in theory, not counting possible issues/bugs, the performance aspect SHOULD be identical?  Thx

#7 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,737 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:22 AM

I don't know about differences on the 44, but there definitely have been differences on other boxes. Don't think speed was one of them, but things like ports, colorspace etc.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

spam firewall