Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NHL Channel

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   LiQiCE

LiQiCE

Mentor

• Registered
  • 232 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

So even if you had NHL Center Ice you were blacked out of the Pre-season games?

I tried to watch the Rangers @ Devils pre-season game (I'm out of market) last night but was blacked out (I cancelled NHL Center Ice last week in favor of buying NHL GameCenter on nhl.com for $135 w/Discover versus the $160 for CI).

GameCenter doesn't offer any pre-season games, but I thought Center Ice wouldn't have blacked out out of market games.

Owned: HR44-700, HR24-500

Leased: HR24-100

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   ejbvt

ejbvt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 425 posts
  • LocationCentral NC

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

The next preseason game that is on an RSN and not NHLN is tonight (9/17/13) at 7pm on CSN-MA, Bruins @ Capitals. I wonder if it will be blacked out on there for those with Sports pack. I can't figure out of CSN-MA is considered a local RSN for me; I can't watch regular season NHL or NBA games on there, but I can watch MLS (United) games. (MLS games on other RSNs are blacked out, except a few Crew games. I do get all Reds games, so that's not totally unreasonable, I guess.)

DIRECTV: Genie (HR34) w/AM21 and 1 client.
AT&T: U-Verse Internet, Motorola modem and Samsung Galaxy S3 cell.
LG 42" (1080p, 120 Hz, 3D, Smart TV), Samsung 32" (1080p, 60 Hz)
Denon AVR591, Panasonic Blu Ray, Magnavox DVD player, Philips VCR, Terk HDTVo.

#23 OFFLINE   loveshockey

loveshockey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts
  • LocationLancaster, NY

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

See the link in post #4 above.

If you subscribe to CI (and not one of the higher tier packages), you only get NHLN during the season. Which this year starts on Tuesday Oct. 1st.

actually, no,..

if you subscribe to Center Ice, the only time you don't get NHL network is most of July...

#24 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,285 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

actually, no,..

if you subscribe to Center Ice, the only time you don't get NHL network is most of July...

Tell that to the TS and the others who are wondering why they don't get NHLN right now even though they subscribe to CI.

#25 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,717 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

Can we please combine all of the NHL threads?
  • ohpuckhead likes this

#26 OFFLINE   ohpuckhead

ohpuckhead

Godfather

• Registered
  • 280 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

I think pro-sports are pretty much blacked out on RSNs unless it is your RSN or you pay for the appropriate out of market package (and it is during the season).

Were all the preseason baseball games available?

They weren't all available but certain ones are every spring. I don't even try to figure out the blackout policies. I can never figure it out, seems random.

#27 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,285 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

They weren't all available but certain ones are every spring. I don't even try to figure out the blackout policies. I can never figure it out, seems random.

Don't worry, Bettman couldn't explain them either. 

He once said on his XM radio show that he had DirecTV, Dish, FIOS and Game Center so he could receive every game.

spam firewall