Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Can Genie c31/c41 be controlled with iPad app?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chip85

chip85

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Currently have two HR23's and use the iPad app to browse the guide and change channels on the dvrs.  Have an upgrade scheduled to move to a Genie with two clients and wondered how they work with the iPad app.

thanks

Edited by chip85, 16 September 2013 - 01:27 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,219 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

Just fine! 

Enjoy.....

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#3 OFFLINE   otaliema

otaliema

AllStar

• Registered
  • 171 posts
  • LocationMid-west USA

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

As lax said they will work fine. 

Just my personal going to a genie with two clients from you have is not really much of an upgrade as the mini's need to use one of the genie's to work so if both sub rooms are in use your genie can only record 2 shows and let you watch live. 

Personal rec is just add the Genie into your house as your third receiver and keep your exsisting DVR's you wont lose any of your recorded content and you can still access the play lists on each receiver with whole home dvr service. The tech can have the order changed at the house so you wont have to lose your install date, They might have to go get a bigger swim switch but that would be it. 

I am a former DIRECTV employee however all statements opinions, views, expressions, etc, are entirely my own even if logic says otherwise.

They DO NOT reflect on DIRECTV and or any partner, affiliated company's, polices, processes, opinions, or things that are not listed here.

Set up. HR24-200, HR24-200, HR22-200, H23-600. Whole Home, BBCCK, SL3 SWiM.

I have found that working with computers is like working with a toddler, sometimes there is no reason for the melt down, just keep on moving forward.

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,721 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

Personal rec is just add the Genie into your house as your third receiver and keep your exsisting DVR's you wont lose any of your recorded content and you can still access the play lists on each receiver with whole home dvr service. The tech can have the order changed at the house so you wont have to lose your install date, They might have to go get a bigger swim switch but that would be it. 

Yup, I second this.  Keep the HDDVRs

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#5 OFFLINE   chip85

chip85

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

Thanks guys.  I was worried as I had read that the mini's couldn't be controlled via ip.  Problem with keeping my current dvr's is that they are failing.  I have been second guessing and may end up keeping one of them.  It would be nice if the installer would upgrade it.

#6 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,721 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

Thanks guys.  I was worried as I had read that the mini's couldn't be controlled via ip.  Problem with keeping my current dvr's is that they are failing.  I have been second guessing and may end up keeping one of them.  It would be nice if the installer would upgrade it.

Show the installer some "love" to motivate him.  he will replace them on a whim!

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#7 OFFLINE   chip85

chip85

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

So got the upgrade ...new genie, hr24 and two genie clients.  When using the ipad app, I see no way to turn the clients on/off.  Anyone know if this is possible?

#8 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,721 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

So got the upgrade ...new genie, hr24 and two genie clients. When using the ipad app, I see no way to turn the clients on/off. Anyone know if this is possible?

if there is a possible way, it should be under the settings of the DirecTV app

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#9 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,219 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

Three parallel bars top left-> Settings-> Receiver control.

Enjoy!

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...