Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How to contact DirecTV for incorrect program guide?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chroma601

chroma601

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSylva, NC

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

My wife was looking forward to watching Queen Latifa's premiere, but Bethanny was recorded.  Checking Titan TV, I noted the times for the programs were reversed from what D has on its guide.  I'm in the Greenville-Spartanberg area.  I see the same error for tomorrow, so I set up to record Bethanny.  Strange.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

DirecTV gets their guide from TMS who provides data for many other providers and gets the information from the stations. Contact the station to have them issue a correction.

#3 OFFLINE   chroma601

chroma601

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSylva, NC

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

Wrote to the station on their FB page and to TMS on their website.  Thanks.

#4 OFFLINE   ronsanjim

ronsanjim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts
  • LocationCherokee Village, AR

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:32 AM

Direct keeps telling me they are "fixing" a guide error thats been ongoing for months now. The Jonesboro, AR guide is Ch 23 FOX Paducah, KY, but its listing shows the FOX programming for FOX 5, New York City.. Its okay for prime time viewing, but useless for daytime viewing.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...