Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FXX HD

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chroma601

chroma601

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSylva, NC

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

Watching Rescue Me reruns on FXX, I see they are presented as a postage stamp.  They used to be in HD when originally aired.  Is there any way to contact them to find out why they are not being shown in HD?  No help from the website.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,069 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

Your best bet is probably Facebook or Twitter.  There is however a "contact us" link at the bottom of their site that you can use to email them.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#3 OFFLINE   chroma601

chroma601

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSylva, NC

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

I did, a week ago.  No reply.

#4 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,069 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

Then I would go the Facebook or Twitter route.  Both of those generally get a company's attention the fastest these days.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#5 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

And its most likely a rights issue.  They have the rights to show the SD shows, but not for the rebroadcast of the HD version.

#6 OFFLINE   sangs

sangs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 303 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

Thinking back to when Rescue Me first started airing, I'm pretty certain the first several seasons weren't in HD. I might be wrong, but I seem to recall it coming out around the time when the HD transition was slowly happening.

#7 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,129 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

Thinking back to when Rescue Me first started airing, I'm pretty certain the first several seasons weren't in HD. I might be wrong, but I seem to recall it coming out around the time when the HD transition was slowly happening.

I just checked Netflix, which has the entire series, and all are HD. I remember watching them in SD for awhile because I didn't have a HD set.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#8 OFFLINE   sangs

sangs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 303 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

I just checked Netflix, which has the entire series, and all are HD. I remember watching them in SD for awhile because I didn't have a HD set.

I did some checking too, and FX didn't start showing it in HD until Season 5 - which was the 22 episode season following the writer's strike. So maybe they don't show the re-runs in HD? (I haven't watched a Rescue Me repeat from anything other than Netflix.)

#9 OFFLINE   JosephB

JosephB

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

And its most likely a rights issue.  They have the rights to show the SD shows, but not for the rebroadcast of the HD version.

It's an FX original show. They own the rights 100%.

#10 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

I dont think we had FX in HD when Rescue Me first aired.  It was only the last couple of seasons that were shown in HD on Directv.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...