Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NHL Preseason question

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

I wonder if they're blacked out on Dish and cable? If not, then this does sound like a D* issue.

They are certainly blacked out on FIOS.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,735 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

watching calgary/phoenix at the moment via gamecenter. tsn feed.

I don't know how you're getting them, but there are no games showing up on any of my NHLGC apps.

#63 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 445 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

It shows up on a computer, but not iPhone, Apple TV or Roku. Yes, I have all of them. I know it is overkill....

#64 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 834 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

Log into your NHL Gamecenter live account and then have it launch it. It will take you to the current day. This is the first time in a long time that they have started carrying preseason games in that package. I suspect the league retaining the rights may have something to do with the new blackouts. Having said that according to the game finder program on the Dish network site the games are blacked out there too. I don't subscribe to their sports pack because it is redundant and not needed since the pac 12 network is considered and rsn in my area. I don't expect the RDS game to be available though. They generally don't use that feed unless it is the only feed available for the game.

I tried looking for games tonight on NHLGC and didn't see any listed. How are you getting them?

Don't be afraid to be yourself.

#65 OFFLINE   wilsonc

wilsonc

Legend

• Registered
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

I didn't read where is would be viewable, but read the general blackout rules. There is no rule/reason for it to be blacked out...

When the Winnipeg Jets had live feeds of preseason games on their website, they said it would not viewable out of the market due to NHL rules, not theirs.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...