Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

SAT Problems Today 9/17

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,046 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

It could be due to the fires in Colorado.

... or the floods.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 38,685 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

It could be due to the fires in Colorado.

... or the floods.

Only if the fires or the floods led to an employee putting some bad data into the service description table (the one that I and others read to provide the Uplink Activity report) and sent it to receivers.

For those who follow the inner workings: There is a descriptor on every channel that helps the receiver know whether or not that channel should be delivered to the customer (descriptor x8C, first seen June 29th, 2010 - not x86 which has been used for many years). That descriptor was changed on 8792 channels. That change confused the receivers to the point where channels that should not have been in the guide appeared and channels that should have been there disappeared. (That apparently happens when the number of channels in the guide explodes.)

For those who don't follow the inner workings: Someone at DISH messed up and sent bad data to receivers (12:46pm ET). It was corrected about an hour later (1:51pm ET). Oops.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#23 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,420 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

Didn't notice a thing, but I can't remember if I was in front of the Idiot Box at that time or not.

Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#24 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,046 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

[...]

For those who don't follow the inner workings: Someone at DISH messed up and sent bad data to receivers (12:46pm ET). It was corrected about an hour later (1:51pm ET). Oops.

I like your last one ... the first one, not so much. :dozey:

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#25 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 38,685 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

The "known issue" was resolved on Tuesday. Your dad's lack of HD is a problem with his system. Mentioning an unrelated resolved issue would just confuse the matter. Personal attention will need to be paid to your dad's system to make it work again.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

spam firewall