Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2013-14 Season Broadcast Ratings - Fall

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,544 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

Just to satisfy my curiosity, I'm keeping a table showing average ratings by network for new episodes of shows for Monday-Thursday. Those are the nights that the network suits attempt to place continuing series programs that they expect to make their network competitive. Beyond that, strategies differ. Obviously NBC skews Sunday with NFL football. CBS tries to maintain its competitive edge on Friday while it's a graveyard for Fox shows. And sometime in my lifetime Saturday disappeared off the calendar in the broadcast TV world.

The table below is based on ratings through the past week, which is to say they include premiers and a varying number of episodes of shows. If you need to see a large spreadsheet version, just click on the table:

13-10-13_weekly.jpg

It is no surprise that overall CBS has a substantial lead in the 50+ age group. What is surprising is that they have a slight overall lead in the demo. Keep in mind that these numbers involve new episodes of the regularly scheduled programs.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

If it weren't for The Voice and football, NBC would have nothing at all to speak of.  There must be a lot of hand wringing going on in the boardroom over there.  These two products are doing very well, but they aren't the whole schedule by a long ways.  At the end of the football season, they will be really hurting.  I see many dominos falling in their schedule.

Grimm is still chugging along quite nicely, and The Blacklist appears to be a legitimate hit.

Hey, that's more than in recent years. I guess that could be considered progress.

#43 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,544 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

If it weren't for The Voice and football, NBC would have nothing at all to speak of.  There must be a lot of hand wringing going on in the boardroom over there.  These two products are doing very well, but they aren't the whole schedule by a long ways.  At the end of the football season, they will be really hurting.  I see many dominos falling in their schedule.

"The Voice" functions well for NBC. It's lead-in has given "The Blacklist" a chance to gain an audience on Monday and "Chicago Fire" to build beyond its loyal but small audience on Tuesday. They both are successful this season. The problem with NFL football is that it makes money for NBCU and NBC affiliates and makes NBC Sports look really good, but it does nothing for the folks that have to program a regular schedule except to have to introduce a regular Sunday lineup in the Winter after the other nets have established. On the other hand, last year they squandered the Monday time slot on "Smash" which would have been a great Winter Sunday show. Another piece of advice I'd give them is to not advertise in the most expensive magazines read only by the suits in fashion and media who the suits at 30 Rock party with. They are still squandering advertising money on magazines like Vanity Fair for "The Blacklist." A better choice would be "Guns & Ammo."

Here's Sunday which is worth nothing except to see what baseball playoffs do to NFL Sunday:

13-10-13_ratings.jpg

The easiest way to look at Sunday is to note that at 9 pm 6 million more folks than normal were watching baseball on Fox. ABC and CBS saw a drop while NBC's NFL game did better than previous weeks. I'm not sure what any of that means other than folks like baseball and some NFL teams have more fans than others.

Here's Monday:

13-10-14_ratings.jpg

13-10-14_avgs.jpg

NBC won every half hour in the demo and bragging rights to every half hour total viewers.

ABC won every half hour in the 50+ crowd.

Fox did ok in the 9 pm hour.

CBS restructured its comedy lineup giving a boost to "2 Broke Girls" by moving it to 8:30  While the rerun of "The Big Bang Theory" at 9 pm did slightly better than last week's "2 Broke Girls" it didn't help "MOM" much. "Hostages" has its audience at the traditional NBC level which has to be giving CEO Les Moonves heartburn.

The CW also aired some new episodes of "Hart of Dixie" and "Beauty & the Beast" last night. What can I say.... headscratch.gif

Edited by phrelin, 15 October 2013 - 06:42 PM.

A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup

#44 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,523 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

I liked Beauty and the Beast last year.  This year, not so much.  We'll see.  But I like a lot of the light CW fluff.  Fun, romantic and non thought provoking.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#45 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,544 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

I liked Beauty and the Beast last year.  This year, not so much.  We'll see.  But I like a lot of the light CW fluff.  Fun, romantic and non thought provoking.

We find we need some of that fluff, particularly because in the past few years a lot of drama programming has gotten darker and darker.

Here's Tuesday:

13-10-15_ratings.jpg

13-10-15_avgs.jpg

CBS. Tuesday nights were the Eye Network's to lose. They still easily control bragging rights to total viewers in every half hour because they have a substantial lead in the 50+ crowd. "NCIS" won the demo in both its half hours while "Person of Interest" tied for #1 in the demo in the 10:30 half hour. "NCIS: LA" was #2 against "The Voice" one hour show.

NBC's "The Biggest Loser" got its lowest ratings for a premier night. "The Voice" did well giving "Chicago Fire" a demo win in the 10 pm half hour but some of the fickle 18-49 crowd apparently went to bed by 10:30.

ABC. "Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." seems to be bleeding viewers. The 9 pm comedies are not keepers. And, of course, they have already moved a rerun to 10 pm.

Fox's comedy lineup is not doing well.

The CW also aired some new episodes of "The Originals" and "Supernatural."  On the same week a year ago "Supernatural" was on Wednesday and scored 1.0/3 - 2.19 compared to this year's higher 1.1/3 - 2.31 which I guess is a win for The CW. :sure:

My AV Setup

#46 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,544 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

Here's Wednesday:

13-10-16_ratings.jpg

13-10-16_avgs.jpg

I've included last week in the charts for comparison to see the impact of Fox having baseball playoffs and ABC running the animated "Toy Story of Terror" at 8 pm.

Fox. Last week "X-Factor" gave Fox the #3 position. This week "X-Factor" fans in my DMA tuned into garbage - the game was over, there was no "X-Factor". So reading between the lines my guess is that they checked out the competition on ABC and CBS and maybe some will like what the saw. Fox suits will be blaming "X-Factor" for losing viewers. Actually, greed on the part of Fox suits blinds them to the damage created by playing Where's Waldo with their scheduling. People who view "live" expect dependability. It isn't like running the baseball playoffs gets great ratings justifying preempting the normal schedule.

CBS won the night even though the only half hour their shows were #1 in the demo was 9:30. In the 50+ crowd they weren't #1 at 8 pm half hour and 9 pm half hour.

ABC got a ratings boost for the night running the animated special "Toy Story of Terror". However, other than gaining some bragging rights what can be seen is that there were just more live viewers than normal at 8 pm, viewers that won't be back next week. It most certainly did not result in more viewers for "Back in the Game" at 8:30 and it might have lost regular viewers for "The Middle."

NBC did better than The CW with expensive programming. :nono2:

The CW. Oddly enough "Arrow" drew more viewers this week than the season premier did last week. I don't know whether it was just a minor blip in the stats or the result of ABC and Fox playing Where's Waldo with the schedule, but "Arrow" gained about 200,000 more demo viewers. That did not carry over to "The Tomorrow People" which scored the same as last week in the demo.

Edited by phrelin, 17 October 2013 - 11:13 AM.

My AV Setup

#47 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

Fox. Last week "X-Factor" gave Fox the #3 position. This week "X-Factor" fans in my DMA tuned into garbage - the game was over, there was no "X-Factor". So reading between the lines my guess is that they checked out the competition on ABC and CBS and maybe some will like what the saw. Fox suits will be blaming "X-Factor" for losing viewers. Actually, greed on the part of Fox suits blinds them to the damage created by playing Where's Waldo with their scheduling. People who view "live" expect dependability. It isn't like running the baseball playoffs gets great ratings justifying preempting the normal schedule.

Get used to it. FOX just extended its baseball contract through 2021.

http://static.foxspo...49194799783.pdf

I'm still not sure what you want them to do. They have 52 weeks to fill, and they can't necessarily show new scripted and reality programs every single week. Live sports is better than reruns.

#48 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,182 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the playoffs other than the World Series on FOX sports 1 soon.

#49 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,544 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

Get used to it. FOX just extended its baseball contract through 2021.

http://static.foxspo...49194799783.pdf

I'm still not sure what you want them to do. They have 52 weeks to fill, and they can't necessarily show new scripted and reality programs every single week. Live sports is better than reruns.

Yes and no. If you're making all your programming decisions for your network based on live+same_day 18-49 demo ratings, you are putting you're programming production companies at the mercy of people who plop down on the proverbial couch on Wednesday, switch on the TV to watch a program they expect to watch now not Saturday on their DVR. When the show is not there, they will either take a look at something else and maybe decide they like it instead of the unreliably scheduled program they had been watching or quit plopping down on the couch on Wednesday. Now that's ok if Fox suits will not cancel the unreliably scheduled expensive show that generally gets a 0.4/1.0 - 2.89. But look around these threads and see how many of us are decades-long into despair over what we call great programming on Fox that they played Where's Waldo with then seemed astonished that the live+same_day 18-49 demo ratings collapsed.

Regarding reruns, look at CBS show summer reruns and syndicated cable channel ratings. Here's my prejudice showing, but I think that a significant number of live+same_day 18-49 demo viewers appear to be technologically challenged couch potatoes. I think that a significant number of Fox's great scifi show 18-49 demo viewers use DVR's and on-demand mobile technology. When

• your actual viewers don't match the viewers you count to decide what shows to renew AND
  • you do everything you can with your programs to discourage the viewers you count THEN
  • you are among the worst media executives.

I don't care if they run sports 24/7. But advertisers have surely figured out by now that the only advance commitment one should make to any Fox show is for things like baseball playoffs. And for programming production companies here's a warning: Fox will play Where's Waldo with your show discouraging the only viewers Fox is willing to count. Fox might give you an extra season on Friday as a consolation prize. Take a hard look at cable channels including FX owned by the same company.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the playoffs other than the World Series on FOX sports 1 soon.

From a financial standpoint that makes sense. TBS makes it work.

West Coast baseball fans knew that last night there was a playoff game on Fox beginning at 3:30 pm but the couch potatoes I'm talking about who were intending to watch "Glee" were confronted with syndicated reruns or local programing.  "Glee" will not be there again next week because of Game 2 of the World Series. My guess is I will never post again what I posted Thursday last week:

Fox claimed #2 in the demo 8-10 pm race with "X-Factor" and with "Gee" edging out "Grey's Anatomy".

West Coast baseball fans know that tonight there will be a playoff game on TBS at 5:30 pm - they don't mind having to look around. And there will be no discouraged Fox-viewing couch potatoes.

Yes, Fox will make money not because of the playoffs but because of the World Series. Sometimes the World Series makes a lot of money, sometimes not so much. But the playoffs are what a store would call a "loss leader." The difference is the store doesn't empty its shelves of all other products customers expect to buy when they drive into the parking lot.

• dennispap likes this

My AV Setup

#50 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

Yes and no. If you're making all your programming decisions for your network based on live+same_day 18-49 demo ratings, you are putting you're programming production companies at the mercy of people who plop down on the proverbial couch on Wednesday, switch on the TV to watch a program they expect to watch now not Saturday on their DVR. When the show is not there, they will either take a look at something else and maybe decide they like it instead of the unreliably scheduled program they had been watching or quit plopping down on the couch on Wednesday. Now that's ok if Fox suits will not cancel the unreliably scheduled expensive show that generally gets a 0.4/1.0 - 2.89. But look around these threads and see how many of us are decades-long into despair over what we call great programming on Fox that they played Where's Waldo with then seemed astonished that the live+same_day 18-49 demo ratings collapsed.

But it's only a few days in October!

I really doubt that people are unable to find the shows they want to watch, when they want to watch them. Nobody expects the same show to be in the same time slot (first run or repeats) 52 weeks a year.

#51 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,544 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

I really doubt that people are unable to find the shows they want to watch, when they want to watch them. Nobody expects the same show to be in the same time slot (first run or repeats) 52 weeks a year.

You are far more optimistic than I am about the attention span of the those who are still viewing live.

Here's Thursday's final ratings with baseball timezone issues adjusted:

13-10-17_ratings.jpg

13-10-17_avgs.jpg

CBS continues to win in the 50+ viewer segment and "Big Bang Theory" still gives them bragging rights to the demo for the night.

Fox actually won the bragging rights to #2 for the night.

ABC has given Fox those bragging rights because "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" left the Disney fairy tale folks behind The CW at 8 pm in the demo.

NBC yesterday canceled "Welcome to the Family" which left them also behind The CW in the demo and the 50+ crowd in the 8:30 half hour.

The CW's "Vampire Diaries" came in #3 in the demo last night! That didn't help "Reign."

Here's Friday:

13-10-18_ratings.jpg

13-10-18_avgs.jpg

CBS won the night by virtue of its 50+ viewership. But it only won the demo in the first two half hours.

ABC's "Shark Tank" won the demo in its hour.

NBC's "Dateline" won the demo in its hour.

Fox "Junior Masterchef" ran #2 in the demo in the 8:30 half hour.

The CW ran some shows. :sure:

My AV Setup

#52 OFFLINE   TBoneit

TBoneit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

au contraire,

I have DVRs......... 6 tuners in the House and I still prefer consistent scheduling. Some shows are set to record New Only, others are on the bubble and I decide to record and watch them on a week to week basis.

FWIW I find myself just as likely to watch Ghost Mine and Haven ahead of many other shows. I watched the Closer and now its sequel and Psych when they are on. The Networks are slowly loosing me as a viewer. That is Due to So called reality Shows and other tripe. I still watch their scripted shows.

TBoneit

Remember when your kids were the TV set's remote control?

#53 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,182 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:19 AM

au contraire,
I have DVRs......... 6 tuners in the House and I still prefer consistent scheduling. Some shows are set to record New Only, others are on the bubble and I decide to record and watch them on a week to week basis.

FWIW I find myself just as likely to watch Ghost Mine and Haven ahead of many other shows. I watched the Closer and now its sequel and Psych when they are on. The Networks are slowly loosing me as a viewer. That is Due to So called reality Shows and other tripe. I still watch their scripted shows.

TBoneit

I don't get it, if you record all your shows and have six tuners why would you ever need to have the show on at the same time? Set all channel CBS and NBC on one DVR, all FOX and ABC on another, all The CW on the third and spread the cable shows (by channels) out amoung them all evenly and your all set. No need to every worry about conflicts and always know easily where to set any recordings for any one given channel.

#54 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,544 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

Here are the Sunday final ratings:

13-10-20_ratings.jpg

13-10-20_avgs.jpg

There really isn't much I can say about these. NBC's Sunday night NFL game overwhelms the rating system. CBS shows, particularly "The Mentalist"  took a hit because in the Eastern time zone there was a football overrun on CBS resulting in a delayed start time for the schedule. And for whatever reason, ABC thinks nighttime soaps are the best they can do against the others.

Here's Monday:

13-10-21_ratings.jpg

13-10-21_avgs.jpg

NBC. Monday is the one night the programming folks at NBC can claim as a true winner.

CBS. Monday is the one night the programming folks at CBS have had to struggle. I "adjusting" the comedy schedule they managed to take #2 in the demo in the first four half hours. Now they have to find a show for 10 pm that can compete.

ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" has been a traditional winner in the 50+ crowd and was so last night. It appears to have given "Castle" that win also.

Fox for whatever reason ran a rerun of "Sleepy Hollow" but they still beat The CW for whatever that is worth.

The CW Monday night shows are up against stiff competition for their target demo. "The Voice" is very competitive in that age group and there one of the stars on "DWTS" is from ABC Family's “Pretty Little Liars” which appeals to the same demo. Nonetheless, it is worth noting that both "Hart of Dixie" and "Beauty and the Beast" were up from last week.

Edited by phrelin, 22 October 2013 - 01:33 PM.

My AV Setup

#55 OFFLINE   TBoneit

TBoneit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

I don't get it, if you record all your shows and have six tuners why would you ever need to have the show on at the same time? Set all channel CBS and NBC on one DVR, all FOX and ABC on another, all The CW on the third and spread the cable shows (by channels) out among them all evenly and your all set. No need to every worry about conflicts and always know easily where to set any recordings for any one given channel.

I just prefer to have as much as possible on the DVR hooked up to the Largest HDTV, SD shows are for watching on the Sony SDTV, That DVR also feeds a 27" HDTV via a 30 foot HDMI cable. I Leave the Third DVR for my Brother to use on the 32" HDTV.

Despite having search and such I prefer in many cases to schedule probably 50% +/- of my watching on one time timers. Having a consistent time and day helps with that.

Sometimes I look at a show that I recorded with one time timers and set a New shows only, Other times such as with Sleepy Hollow I stop recording it.

It is a preference thing, what can I say.

TBoneit

Remember when your kids were the TV set's remote control?

#56 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,544 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

Here's Tuesday:

13-10-22_ratings.jpg

13-10-22_avgs.jpg

CBS. Again, coming into this 2013 Fall Season, Tuesday was the Eye Network's to lose. As usual, CBS won the 50+ in every half hour but came in #2 in the 18-49 demo in the 9:00 and 9:30 half hours.

NBC has done well with "The Voice" which as a lead-in has given "Chicago Fire" a boost. But unless the final ratings change something, "Chicago Fire" came in #2 in the demo for the first time since the season started.

ABC. "Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." has been bleeding viewers every week since the premier. Last night's demo was 57% of the premier's ratings and 62% of the 50+ premier ratings. In contrast "NCIS" on CBS was at 88% of it's season opener demo and 97% of the 50+ crowd rating. ABC's 9:00 hour comedy lineup has dismal ratings. And, of course, they already canceled their 10 pm show.

Fox. The average ratings for the Fox comedy lineup last night was 1.5/4 - 3.50. I'm not sure you can make money on four sitcoms with that average, but who knows? Perhaps if they start selling music and T-shirts they can make these pay.

The CW. By the apparent standards of The CW, "The Originals" and "Supernatural" are doing ok. And, you can buy T-shirts...

sn_shirts.gif

...and other items here. :sure:

Edited by phrelin, 23 October 2013 - 01:12 PM.

My AV Setup

#57 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,544 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

Here's Wednesday, a milestone night with the 100th episode of "The Middle" and the 300th episode of "CSI":

13-10-23_ratings.jpg

13-10-23_avgs.jpg

Fox had game 1 of this year's World Series  which distorts the ratings. On the West Coast it began at 4:30 pm and had virtually no impact on prime time. This means that we could watch the game live and then watch our favorite prime time TV shows live, unless our favorite Wednesday prime time TV was "X-Factor." However, East Coast live viewers did not have that option.

ABC's "Modern Family" generally gives the Disney-owned network a demo win in the 8-10pm contest on Wednesday evening but last night's ratings distortion seems to have slipped them behind CBS as well as behind the World Series on Fox.

CBS. Against the World Series the Eye Network's lineup retained its viewers.

NBC continues to see a dismal Wednesday offering up the last episode of "Ironside" at 10 pm.

The CW shows might have been affected by the World Series or not. :sure:

Edited by phrelin, 24 October 2013 - 12:13 PM.

My AV Setup

#58 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,544 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Here's Thursday:

13-10-24_ratings.jpg

13-10-24_avgs.jpg

Fox had the World Series which as noted yesterday distorts these ratings.

CBS continues to appear to be winning the demo, but actually it's because "Big Bang Theory" does so well that it ran #1 in its half hour last night despite the World Series.

ABC ran #2 in the four half hours beginning at 9 pm.

NBC Thursday shows don't do very well particularly since they ran a rerun of "The Voice."

The CW also ran some shows and offers music and trinkets such as mouse pads here:

mousepad.jpg

My AV Setup

#59 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,544 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

Here's Friday:

13-10-25_ratings.jpg

13-10-25_avgs.jpg

NBC premiered its regular Fall Season Friday lineup last night which gave them pretty good ratings ... for a Friday. "Grimm" came in #2 in the demo behind "Shark Tank" but "Dracula" was #1 in the demo. On the equivalent week last year a non-premier of "Grimm" scored a 1.9/6 - 6.00 compared to this year's 1.8/6 - 6.13, so it appears NBC's continued support of this show seems justified.

CBS won the age 50+ crowd in all six half hours as usual and "Blue Bloods" actually landed 50+ viewers that had been going to NBC's two hour "Datelines" in previous weeks which raises some questions about the long-term efficacy of "Dracula" as demo viewers aren't a very reliable Friday audience.

ABC's lineup which included reruns of its 8 pm comedy lineup came in #3 but "Shark Tank" did win the demo at 9 pm and was #2 among the 50+ viewers.

Fox's "Junior Masterchef" tied for #1 in the demo in the 8 pm half hour but was #2 in the 8:30 half hour. They reran two episodes of "The Simpsons" in the 9 pm hour just because.

The CW premiered "The Carrie Diaries" to low ratings and the "iHeartRadio: Katy Perry" special at 9 pm did very poorly.

Edited by phrelin, 26 October 2013 - 12:00 PM.

My AV Setup

#60 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,544 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Here's Sunday for what it's worth:

13-10-27_ratings.jpg

13-10-27_avgs.jpg

I'm not sure one can draw any conclusions from these ratings except NFL Football and the World Series draw a large audience. Even CBS had a NFL football overrun in parts of the country. But the ratings above pretend that the NBC NFL and the Fox World Series games ran in prime time and the CBS lineup ran as scheduled across the country. In fact, here on the West Coast many who watched one of the games not in prime time watched ABC and CBS shows as scheduled in prime time.

Here's Monday:

13-10-28_ratings.jpg

13-10-28_avgs.jpg

Fox had a World Series game last night which meant that on the West Coast you could watch the game and then watch some regularly scheduled prime time TV while on the East Coast if you watched the game you did so in prime time. This, of course, should skew the ratings. But I've included last week in the averages and surprisingly it had little impact on regularly scheduled shows.

NBC continues to dominate Monday nights in the demo beating the World Series on Fox except at 10 pm.

ABC continues to dominate Monday nights in the 50+ group beating the World Series on Fox except at 10 pm.

CBS is going to have to rethink Monday.

The CW offers shows and sells stuff.

My AV Setup

Protected By... spam firewall...And...