Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Error 061 then 303: whew.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown

Godfather

• Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

So I went to turn on my 722 last night after having been out for the evening.  It started acting strangely, and basically wouldn't turn on at all.  Black screen.

So I rebooted it, and then it came up with an Error 061 and some text about it downloading software, it could take 20 min, don't disturb it.  So I didn't.  Approx 20 min later, then message 303 showed up, that it was loading stuff into memory, don't disturb it, so I didn't.  That didn't take too long, in the mean time I was researching those error codes, and basically there's not a lot of info out there, but the gist was: your hard drive might be toast.

Anyway, it finished, my old recordings were still there, all my timers were fine, nothing seemed changed at all.  In fact, the previous search stuff was still listed when I went to search for something new.

I very quickly moved any recordings I had that I didn't want to lose, to an external hard drive.

Looks like it somehow spotted something wrong with the system software, downloaded and installed it again, and it looks OK.  For now I suppose.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,411 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

Sounds like dish pushed a software update to your receiver.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#3 OFFLINE   Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

At ~11pm at night?

Mine is set up to look at 3am.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the rev was before, and I didn't check after.  But it could be possible.

spam firewall