Here's a diagram of my equipment to make things easy to understand.
- TV1 is in the living room and TV2 is in a bedroom about 60 ft away
- The 722k is our receiver for personal viewing. There's a line coming in which is triplexed to two "SAT INs" because we get US and int'l programming and I forget what "Remote Ant" is for. "Home Dist" is currently open. The HDMI goes to the HDTV. The OTA module slot is empty.
- The 211k is a separate receiver we need because we operate a motel and there's one channel (nudie channel ) that we broadcast to our rooms that isn't available through our motel-wide Comcast cable feed, and obviously even if it was we'd still need to be able to manage its accessibility, hence the receiver. So "SAT IN" coming to the 211k has the exact same programming as the 722k except the 211k is used to send out one channel to the rooms when it is turned on (guests flip a switch on Ch 3 to get it).
We also need the 211k because it accepts the Comcast cable feed (the 722k doesn't) so whenever the 211k is off and TV1 is set to TV mode we get Comcast like everyone else. So that's what "OTA In" is. "TV Out" is taking whatever is playing on the 211k out to the rooms. First it goes through an amplifier and then it's diplexed so we can see Comcast/211k on TV1 as well.
What I want
1. TV2 currently only gets the motel's Comcast. I want to also be able to use the 722k on TV2 independently from TV1 using it. I already have the #2 Dish remote for it and the cable. When I tried running the cable from "Home Dist" to the TV2 all I could see or do was whatever TV1 had. Obviously I'm missing something. I'm guessing I need an OTA module?
2. I'd like for the 722k to be able to get Comcast so we don't have to switch to the 211k for it. Even better would be getting digital/HD channels (if there even are any) from Comcast or an antenna. Is any of this possible by getting an OTA module?
3. If the above is possible, could TV2 get them also? Not the HD ones obviously, but the extra channels that TV1 would get?
Please show me how to do any of this and explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old because I'm a novice. Thanks.
Edited by Britta-Bot, 26 September 2013 - 11:15 AM.