Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GenieGo - Start Up Time

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   shaka999

shaka999

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

I'm curious, for all you genieGo users, how long does your device take, after selecting the app, before you can watch shows that are on the device?

On my iPhone 5 it seems to take forever.  First it logs in...minutes.  Then it has to verify the iphone...minutes.  Right now I'm stuck, again, on "checking for updates".

What is taking so long?  I'm trying to watch content that is on my phone.  What happens it it can' verify your phone or doesn't have a network connection?  This is ridiculous.

Thanks

Brad

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,382 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

Items that already on the device? Less than 30 seconds before the menu comes up. Probably 15 seconds for it to optimize the video that I selected.

Have you changed your DirecTV.com account password recently?

Edited by trh, 19 September 2013 - 05:23 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,280 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

Yup, in less than a minute I can be watching 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,252 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

What is taking so long?  I'm trying to watch content that is on my phone.  What happens it it can' verify your phone or doesn't have a network connection?  This is ridiculous.

Thanks

Brad

I don't know why it's taking so long, unless you are Out of Home.

But to answer your question, to watch content already stored on your device, it will be much faster if you just turn on airplane mode so all wireless is off and you will get to the content very quickly. Assuming it was at home and connected in the past 30 days.

#5 OFFLINE   shaka999

shaka999

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

Thanks for the replies.

Yes I am out of home but the content is on the device.  I did recently reset my router so the port forwarding could be messed up but I don't know why matter for already downloaded content.

Good to know others aren't seeing this so I probably just have to change my setup somehow....

#6 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,382 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:55 AM

Do what NR4P suggested. Put your device in airplane mode. See if that speeds it up.

#7 OFFLINE   shaka999

shaka999

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

Using airplane mode makes it almost instant.  Good to know.  I'd like to see them make downloaded content always come up this way.  They could negotiate and sync with the home device in the background and bring that up when connection is made....

Thanks again.

#8 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,382 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

You still have an issue though. Did it ever get logged in? And have you changed your DirecTV password ( and not changed it on the App?)

When you get home and if it is still taking a long time, I'd uninstall the App from the phone and reinstall.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...