Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Getting Some Locals in HD from WA, if All are on EA

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Lifesaver2000

Lifesaver2000

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

Ok, I will admit I don't know how all of this works, so if any of my assumptions are incorrect, please let me know.

I am in the Jonesboro, AR market area.  Up until about a week ago, to the best of my knowledge, the three stations actually in this DMA were only on WA satellites, and only SD.  The three out-of-market stations we receive for FOX, NBC & CBS are from Memphis, and are in HD on both WA and EA sats (this info is from the list linked in "Dish Network Local Channels List" thread), but of course I get them in only SD since the in-market stations aren't available in HD.

According to the Uplink Activity from about a week ago, the two stations broadcast in HD OTA (KAIT, the ABC station and KTEJ, for PBS) have been added to 61.5 in HD.  My dish is pointed west since that is the only place from which the Jonesboro stations have been downlinked until now.

First off, if I understand the listing correctly then the stations are not fully available yet, so I am looking into the future.

So, what is the procedure for getting the upgrade?  Right now I have very good signals, and would prefer not to switch to a weaker signal satellite to get the locals in HD.  Can some sort of secondary dish be added, leaving the existing one alone?

What I am really wondering is, once the HD locals are available on the EA sats, will I be permitted to get the HD feed of the out-of-area stations that are on the WA?  This would work for me, since I have the other two stations in HD OTA anyway, so that would give me HD for everything.

To be clear, I don't do my own installation or anything.  Just hoping someone who has been through something similar will be able to explain what has to happen.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,531 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

According to TheList at 6pm PST today, the 61.5W versions of Jonesboro are not yet available. Putting them on an uplink is promising, but nothing happens until they are switched to available.

After they become available, you can call DISH and tell them you want KAIT and KTEJ in HD and that should start the wheels in motion.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

spam firewall