Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR24 not recording Series shows

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dally7777

dally7777

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

Here's the situation.

Yesterday I noticed no new recordings coming from this DVR. I went to it's location and checked the To Do List and it said 0.

I reset via the red button and hours later the same thing.

I went to the Series Manager and cancelled a Series and then started recording the series again with exact same parameters.

Now that one showed up in the To Do List but none of the others that should have been there.

Please tell me I don't have to manually redo my entire Series Manager to fix this.

Thanks
Dally

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,744 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:13 AM

Do a reset again and then right after it gets back to live tv for five minutes do another rest. That will flush all guide data and force it to redown load everything and hopefully that fixes your issue.

#3 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,194 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

A common problem this time of the year is that summer series are ending and the fall series have not started yet and there are no new ones to record.

Check the Info on each of the shows that are set  up and choose the More Info to see the first aired date for them. You might find that they are indeed old and not First Run.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#4 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,217 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

A common problem this time of the year is that summer series are ending and the fall series have not started yet and there are no new ones to record.

Check the Info on each of the shows that are set  up and choose the More Info to see the first aired date for them. You might find that they are indeed old and not First Run.

Yup, a good time to remind folks that network shows belong on the top of the Series Manager list and cable shows (why do we still call them that?) that are repeated several times belong on the bottom of the Series Manager list.

Rich

#5 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,723 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

Reboot the unit twice within 30 minutes to flush the guide data and start gathering new data.  You shouldn't however use the red button to reset the unit unless it is totally locked up and unresponsive.  You should use the reset option in Settings.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#6 OFFLINE   rbpeirce

rbpeirce

Godfather

• Registered
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

Yup, a good time to remind folks that network shows belong on the top of the Series Manager list and cable shows (why do we still call them that?) that are repeated several times belong on the bottom of the Series Manager list.

Rich

Or, if you have two DVRs, use one for Local and the other for cable, crossing over if you have a recording conflict.  I also order my series manager list the same way.

spam firewall