Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Verizon FiOS Mobile on Android and iOS can now stream live TV from anywhere

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:25 AM

Verizon FiOS Mobile on Android and iOS can now stream live TV from anywhere

The shackles have been officially removed. If you're using FiOS Mobile on Android or iOS, then you're aware the app's live TV streaming feature has only worked while being connected to one's own home network. 

Beginning today, though, Verizon will allow FiOS TV subscribers to view real-time content even when away from their humble abode, via the FiOS Mobile Android and iOS applications. 

The number of networks supported is pretty short, with only nine being onboard at the moment -- this includes the Travel Channel, BBC America, BBC World News, EPIX, HGTV, DIY, Tennis Channel and, on the iPad, the NFL Network. But, as they say, you've got to start somewhere, and chances are this channel lineup will become more robust in the weeks ahead.

screen568x568.jpeg

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

Love this feature just wish they would add more channels

Sent from my SCH-I545 using DBSTalk mobile app

DIRECTV customer since SEPT 2000 (1) Genie (2) Genie Mini's (1) HR22-100 (1) HR23-700 all networked, total 10 live tunners!!-------------
SAYING NO TO CABLE .. PRICELESS
There’s good TV there’s better TV and than there’s DIRECTV (the undisputed sports & HD leader in TV)
NOTE: my comments are my own personal options and in no way shape or form represent my employer

#3 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

Fox Sports 1 would be nice to watch anywhere

DIRECTV customer since SEPT 2000 (1) Genie (2) Genie Mini's (1) HR22-100 (1) HR23-700 all networked, total 10 live tunners!!-------------
There’s good TV there’s better TV and than there’s DIRECTV (the undisputed sports & HD leader in TV)
NOTE: my comments are my own personal options and in no way shape or form represent my employer

#4 OFFLINE   hallrk

hallrk

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

I tried to watching via this app away from my home and can only get about nine channels as opposed to well over 50 when I am at home. Do you have to be near your own home router to be able to view all of the channels available or do you have to link up some other way? I am using a Kindle Fire maybe it's limited away from my home router?

#5 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

Only select channels for now. Nfl network is available on tablet away from home as well.

#6 OFFLINE   hallrk

hallrk

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

Only select channels for now. Nfl network is available on tablet away from home as well.

Thanks. I found out later that it only supports up to 9 channels away from your home. It's nice to have at home but kinda useless on the road unless you really like one of those 9 channels. Maybe someday it will be expanded to every available channel.

#7 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:27 AM

More channels have been added . I saw nfl red zone the other day away from home

Protected By... spam firewall...And...