Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Anybody else lose ESPN

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dstout

dstout

Legend

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using DBSTalk mobile app

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 ONLINE   John W

John W

Icon

• Registered
  • 571 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

Lost channels on 129 it appears here

#3 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

Sure did. Appears to be the HD feeds only - ESPN, ESPN2, MLB; I'm sure there are others

#4 ONLINE   John W

John W

Icon

• Registered
  • 571 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

Lost channels on 129 it appears here

Here picture froze on Big Ten Channel HD, looked around and came back and nothing there or on others from 129.

Edited by John W, 21 September 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#5 ONLINE   John W

John W

Icon

• Registered
  • 571 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Appear to be back up now.

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,909 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

I am on eastern arc, and had a brief outage maybe an hour or so ago... it may have coincided with what you experienced.  We have some weather floating across NC so I thought it was related to that... but perhaps there was also some brief weather at the uplink site again.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#7 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 831 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

Lost the HD channels for a while.  Maybe ESPN cut them off to show DISH what will happen if they don't accept higher prices on the new contract.

#8 ONLINE   John W

John W

Icon

• Registered
  • 571 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

Lost the HD channels for a while.  Maybe ESPN cut them off to show DISH what will happen if they don't accept higher prices on the new contract.

Here it included HD version of Big Ten Network which would not be a part of anything such as that. So, would say a DISH issue of some kind, thankfully very short in duration.

#9 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using DBSTalk mobile app

I lost The History Channel at 6:48 PM.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#10 OFFLINE   Willh

Willh

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

it's solar flare season. so you are gonna have issues with the satellite this time of year. 

Dish Network Customer since Jan 2007, upgraded to HD on September 2, 2010.

DVRs/Box Sets: Dish VIP DVR 722K (2 of them).

long time Pro-Wrestling and NASCAR fan.

#11 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

Perhaps you mean a solar outage.

A solar flare is a huge ejection of radiation and particles from the sun usually directed in a relatively small cone from the suns surface.  If a solar flare struck the earth it would disrupt power transmission and all communications on the "sunny" side.

I recall one large ejection earlier this year or late last year, that luckily was "aimed" away from earth, but could have done billions of dollars in damage if it had been directed toward us.

Twice a year the sun is directly behind the lnb's on your dish and the solar radiation overwhelms the signal from the satellite for maybe 10-15 minutes in the afternoon for Western arc and before noon for the Eastern arc satellites.

The dates of these solar outages depends on your latitude and the time depends on which satellite you are looking at and your longitude. Today the sun is directly over the equator, so solar outages would be occurring along the equator.  As the sun progresses southward on the sky the outages move north.

Here is a calculator to estimate the date and time of possible solar outages:

http://www.satcomres...utage-Predictor

Looks like predicted 2013 outages for Lubbock, TX are from October 1 to October 11, around 3:35-3:45pm CDT, YMMV.

• tsmacro likes this
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...