Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Ordering PPV online via MyDish: no HD movies, everything is SD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sremick

sremick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

Ok, admittedly I've not ordered PPV in years. Probably before the whole "MyDish" site was unveiled. I've never actually bought a PPV movie... I only ordered PPVs before because months of billing screw-ups resulted in Dish giving me a dozen or so PPV certificates over time to "compensate" me.

I clearly remember using PPV certificates to order HD PPV movies just fine online via the website.

Well, years later, I'm receiving PPV certificates again due to the whole Blockbuster fiasco. But when I go to MyDish to redeem them, all the movies are shown as SD only. While the SD/HD pulldown is shown for the filtering of the list, it's grayed-out because none are actually HD.

What's going on?

I've searched past threads on here going back years, and the internet in general. I can't find any other person complaining about this, so is it just me? Dish support chat, of course, was not only useless but infuriating to deal with.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,505 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

I haven't used a certificate in a long time... I wonder if it is possible that somehow they are only redeemable for SD PPV movies?  That would bite, if true, but it's the first thought that pops into my head.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#3 OFFLINE   sremick

sremick

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

I haven't used a certificate in a long time... I wonder if it is possible that somehow they are only redeemable for SD PPV movies?  That would bite, if true, but it's the first thought that pops into my head.

Not true. Not only did I used to redeem them for HD PPVs a few years back, but Dish chat was willing to redeem them for me. However, waiting in a 50+ person online queue every time I need to redeem a PPV certificate is unreasonable, especially when it used to work.

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,505 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

Not true. Not only did I used to redeem them for HD PPVs a few years back, but Dish chat was willing to redeem them for me. However, waiting in a 50+ person online queue every time I need to redeem a PPV certificate is unreasonable, especially when it used to work.

Have you tried it recently?  That's why I'm wondering.  If you did it a few years ago, that doesn't mean it works now... sometimes their policies change.  I truly don't know, though, because I haven't tried to redeem any in a long time myself.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#5 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

Its because your account in their system doesn't have the correct orbitals marked. I would chat in and have them verify that the orbital slots listed in their system match the orbital slots in your receiver switch matrix. Once the system has the HD orbital marked then the HD PPV options will be available at mydish.com.

spam firewall