Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

PPV Coupon change??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,280 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

I was in the process of ordering a PPV with one of my coupons and noticed what seems to be a very quiet change.

1.  Max value of the coupon is now $6.99 vice the $5.99 previously

2.  Can now order VOD, channels 1 & 501, instead of the 502 and up all day stuff.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Charise

Charise

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

The e-mail I received yesterday notes the following, "Please note that Pay-Per-View certificates are only valid for Pay-Per-View (channels 502-559) and Video on Demand (channels 1 and 501) movies up to $6.99. They cannot be used for movies rented from DISH Anywhere or Blockbuster @Home."

So it does still include the PPV channels, if that was the change you thought you saw.  

#3 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,280 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

The change turns out to be the addition of channels 1 and 501, they didn't used to be part of the deal.

But you can't order them because there is no order ID on those channels as the example on the ordering page shows.  :(

Possibly that is coming 'soon'??

Lloyd

#4 OFFLINE   analogue

analogue

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

Well I wasted an hour of my life pushing a CSR to figure out what is going on

- The missing Order ID in the guide is a known issue and will be addressed soon.  Further details on that were not available

- The coupons are now valid for VOD, but without an Order ID you cannot redeem them for VOD online or by phone.  You can however, call/chat to get an Order ID for a particular movie and they will manually look it up for you.  Whether that is better than just ordering the movie and then making them fix it after the fact is the real question.  It is probably more likely that a CSR will know how to credit a VOD order vs. looking up an Order ID if they haven't done that before.

This was a frustrating experience especially since I only have coupons because of the Blockbuster@Home downgrade.  For now I will just be using the coupons for normal PPV channels instead of trying to apply them for VOD.

The change turns out to be the addition of channels 1 and 501, they didn't used to be part of the deal.

But you can't order them because there is no order ID on those channels as the example on the ordering page shows.   :(

Possibly that is coming 'soon'??

#5 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,280 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

According to a post at Satellite Guys, the order ID will show up on at least a 722.  But not on Hoppers.

Hope they fix it soon as I have quite a few PPV coupons now and will be getting some more soon.

Lloyd

#6 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 567 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

Where does one get these coupons?  I've been with Dish 10+ years and never received a coupon.

#7 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,280 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Some get them with the first referral, some just got 1 or 2 from the dropping of disks by mail from BB@Home.

And of course, some got some with a phone call or chat, even sometimes by just asking for a couple.

Lloyd

#8 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 826 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

The current coupons are being issued to Blockbuster @ Home subscribers as atonement for DISH dropping the mail-to-you option.  Without looking up the email, I think we get one for each of the next 3 months.  I already received my first via email.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...