Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Upgraded programming---lost monthly credit :(

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 347 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

A few weeks back, I was looking at moving from AT120+ to AT200.  Logged into my acct and looked at what the price difference would be and it was $5 more than I expected   No biggie-but I like to know what's what.  Called up a previous invoice and saw that a $5 for 18 months (credit) was missing from what my new invoices would be.  I didn't upgrade, but wrote to Dish at the 'contact us' link.  I wasn't sure it went thru, so I also wrote them an email.  Basically, on both, I said 'it appears if I upgrade, I'll lose the $5 monthly credit.  Is this correct?' (BTW-I don't even remember exactly what the credit was for)

A couple days later I got a reply that I would not lose the credit, so I then logged back into my acct and  upgraded.

A couple days more go by and then I get a reply to the other info request.  Long story short-we exchange a few emails back & forth, and then last week I get a reply stating that with the upgrade done on Sept 2, I no longer qualify for the $5 credit.  And I should log into chat to express my concern.  EXPRESS MY CONCERN?  What's up with that? LOL

Well shucky darn-but I'm not sure I would have done the upgrade had I been told this in the initial contact.  I'm a new customer with dish, only been with them for 14 or 15 years-and $5 a month shouldn't be a deal breaker to me.  But honestly, I'm gonna think about it for a while and not act out of haste--but I could make me rethink Dish and take a deal from Direct

Edited by CeeWoo, 22 September 2013 - 06:30 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 347 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

I've now asked Dish to check my acct and let me know FOR CERTAIN if there is any remaining time on my previous 2 yr commitment from a hardware upgrade and if so how many months (I'm pretty certain there is none). 

Examining my options from Direct and cable.

#3 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

If you have the REPLY from DISH stating you won't lose the credit, I would forward it to the ceo email address with a short explanation. This often gets results.

Anyone have that email address handy?

#4 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

If you have the REPLY from DISH stating you won't lose the credit, I would forward it to the ceo email address with a short explanation. This often gets results.

Anyone have that email address handy?

Thank you-I'm in shock!  I checked and found that I still have that email!  What's most funny about it is that it's from the same guy who told me later I lost the credit when I upgraded (that's provided though that the customer service name isn't just something generic that they all use).

I forwarded it (with explanation) to ceo(at)disnetwork(dot)com a while ago.  So far it hasn't bounced back-I hope someone with authority sees it

Edited by CeeWoo, 27 September 2013 - 10:10 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

Well knock me down, and call me Sally!  I just got a phone call from the CEO's office.  I honestly didn't expect to hear anything back for at least a few days.  ANYHOW-he apologized and said he didn't understand why the contact responded in the way he did (I'm not sure if the incorrect part was the 'yes' or the 'no' to my original question)

BUT he said they were immediately reinstating my $5 monthly credit for the remaining 10 of the 18 months (I had no idea exactly how much time was remaining) and that there will be an additional credit posted to next months bill.  I assume this is because my most recent bill did not have the credit.

Personally, all I wanted was fair treatment, even if that meant rolling me back to AT120+ and reinstating the credit.  And I appreciate them helping me with this (even if it was a bit of a struggle) :)

#6 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

Excellent. The squeaky wheel...

• CeeWoo likes this

Protected By... spam firewall...And...