Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I am Back to the Land of the Living Again !!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PK6301

PK6301

Legend

• Registered
  • 315 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Due to financial problems I had to choose between necessities ( heat, power, food ) and wants (Directv)... I choose heat and food... My bill became behind and Directv cut off service.. Well today I was able to pay back enough of the back balance so I could reactivate my service.. YIPPEE !!!!! Now the wife is happy again :P After a few missteps I was able to get all the equipment reinstalled and up and running in 1 hr.. ( good thing I did not ship it back last week ) So now I am back in the Directv fold, and I have no plans on going anywhere soon... Thank you for letting me rant on..:D Sent from my GT-P3113 using DBSTalk mobile app

Edited by PK6301, 23 September 2013 - 12:42 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

Welcome back and good luck.

#3 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,475 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

I hope that means that things are turning around for you.  I am sorry to hear of your troubles, and welcome you back to DBSTalk.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#4 OFFLINE   booboo

booboo

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

Best of luck. Great to hear things are getting better. A happy wife makes a happy life :-)

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk
B00BOO

#5 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,946 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

Due to financial problems I had to choose between necessities ( heat, power, food ) and wants (Directv)... I choose heat and food... 

Without power is hard to keep DirecTV.. !rolling

Glad all is working out....

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#6 OFFLINE   PK6301

PK6301

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 315 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:55 AM

UPDATE: I am happy to be back in the fold again, so yesterday I went onto the website to just nose around.
The equipment I now have is a HR23 which is in the Living Room, and a HR24 in my sons room. It said I qualified for an upgrade (I was a customer for 1 1/2 years with the protection plan before the financial problems ) So I jumped on the phone and yes indeed I did qualify, so I am having a Genie installed on Monday 9/30. YIPEE !!!!
They were going to drop ship one, but I ran the risk of getting a HR34.. I talked to a installer in my area a few months back, and he said all they have are 44's, so if it costs me nothing for the install why not?
Can't wait till Monday....

Sent from my GT-P3113 using DBSTalk mobile app

#7 OFFLINE   directv newb

directv newb

Mentor

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

I think it would be easier to go without food than Directv :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...