Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HR24/500 Not Working. Deca Shows no power

DECA HR24/500 and HR23-700

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   samuej1

samuej1

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

I recently got whole home DVR set up in my home.  I orginally had only one HD box (HR24/500) and after the purchase of a new TV I needed an additional HD box (HR23-700).  I wanted to make sure that I could watch the shows from each HD reciever on either TV.  When they installed the new receiver they added the DECA to the back of the HR24 and the HR23.  The Rep from Direct TV said it would take 24 hours to "find" each other however they never found each other.  The DECA connected to the HR23-700 has the power light a solid green and the activity light blinks yellow.  That DECA is connected with a COAX coming in and the COAX and ethernet exiting and connecting to the HR23.  The HR24 has the DECA connected the same way however the power light is not on nor is the activity light.  I have tried resetting the HR24 and while setting up the power light and activity light are both a solid green then back to off.  Both boxes show that the whole home is authorized but does not "find the other DVR's" 

As a note I have my internet services with another company that is seperate from Direct TV.  I have both set up with names and show allow to see each others programas but I dont know what to do to get the two DVR boxes to "find" each other. 

What can I do to fix this so that I can share the recorded programs between my two DVR boxes? 

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,843 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

The HR24 has DECA built into it. I would remove the DECA that is installed behind it.

Then reset the receiver: Menu, Settings, Reset, Restart Receiver

They should find each other almost right away.

Edited by jimmie57, 25 September 2013 - 08:10 AM.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,269 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

Yep;

Installer wasn't trained properly;

H/HR24s, H25s, and Genie's all have DECAs built in. Remove it from the HR24 and then reboot it.

Also, it does not take 24 hrs. for receivers involved in WH to find each other, but somewhere less than minute at most.. 

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#4 ONLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,214 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

That DECA attached to your HR24 should instead be connected to your router for Internet access.

DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#5 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,545 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

Unless you have a CCK, Drew is right.  You need to have your 24 attached to your router for any sort of Apps, You Tube, Pandora and VOD.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#6 ONLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,214 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

BTW, are you sure the DECA connected to your HR24 is not a PI (Power Inserter)?

DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#7 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,343 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

Unless you have a CCK, Drew is right.  You need to have your 24 attached to your router for any sort of Apps, You Tube, Pandora and VOD.

the TS can't connect the HR24 directly to the router as doing this will disable WHDVR

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#8 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,343 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

BTW, are you sure the DECA connected to your HR24 is not a PI (Power Inserter)?

The TS said the DECA on the HR24 has no power or activity lights, so it is a DECA.  the HR24 since it has a DECA built in, it does not have enough power to power the DECA.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...