Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper/Joey and DLNA music

DLNA MP3 Hopper

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PhilBiker

PhilBiker

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

I just had a Hopper/Joey system installed and so far I love it.  I'm trying to set up DLNA so that I can stream my music files on my Hopper/Joeys.  I set up DLNA in Windows 8 and it streams just fine to my Android phone, an old Windows 7 laptop, and a Sony BDP-590 Blu-Ray player.  I can see the server on the Hopper/Joey, however, when I select "albums" or "artists" I get a blank screen with "No Events To Display".  On the Android, Blu-Ray Player, and laptop I get a list of albums/artists/whatever.  All the music is in MP3 format.  Any clues as to what's going on here?  I also have an iPad and the DLNA app I installed there doesn't see anything either.  Thanks in advance for any help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 397 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

This may help.

http://home.mebtel.n...vers/hopper.htm

#3 OFFLINE   PhilBiker

PhilBiker

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

Yeah, it started working and it's cool.

However, the workflow in that link is the opposite of what I'm doing.  I'm not playing songs from my Windows Media Player on the Hopper/Joey; I want to be able to select the songs and play them back from the DLNA server on the Hopper/Joey using the Hopper/Joey as the player.  This works great, with one major caveat.  When I select an "album" on the Hopper/Joey it plays the songs back in alphabetical order, not track order.  I reported this to Dish as a bug.  Reminds me of the early 2000s and the first generations of MP3 players that played the songs in alpha order.  Completely nonsensical.

#4 OFFLINE   JeffN9

JeffN9

Legend

• Registered
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

You may also want to consider the free My Media software from Playon. I had all kinds of problems trying to get Windows Media to work. Finally I gave up and tried the new one, works great.

spam firewall