Just a thought, are the cables labeled in a way you can tell which output of the SWM16 is feeding which boxes? If the two with no internet are on one leg and the other three are on the other leg then there could be an issue with the SWM16
Yes, they are all labelled. I have attached a pic of the SWM unit and all the cabling attached. If I were to label all the cabling in the attached pic, I would call the left side from top to bottom 1-4 and the right side from top to bottom 5-8. The 2 offending boxes are slot 2 (this is the HR24) and slot 7 (this is the H24).
Also make sure its a green label swim 16 and that your splitters are green label and that no bsf got installed somehow anywhere.
Then Id actually rerun sat setup and see if that fixes the issue, also after resetting network defaults. If you go into your settings menu, you'll see one for satellite setup and you ll see an option for network. Those are the two menus to go into to do both those things as others have suggested already.
Here is a though, hit menu and the right arrow on the front of one of your units. Then chose coax network. How many nodes does it actually see and does it give PHY levels for them? Also what does it say for mesh rate for them if you chose that as well. I have a feeling this is more than a speed issue, but cant hurt to look at those screens.
I might also try, assuming you have everythign labeled in terms of which cable is which, swapping what ports receivers avre on and se what happens to the issue.
Yes, it's green. See pic. I'll try the swapping of lines to see if that does anything here in just a sec.
Just tried that and no luck.
"Forest for the trees"
These receivers show they're "coax connected", so there isn't anything to be gained by trying the GUIDE & right arrow to get into the menu.
The TS said it was no internet.
Thanks for that clarification.
I am wondering if all his signals are very marginal though, maybe indicative of a barely working system in some areas
Not quite sure how I'd determine that though. I can say that all the lines are brand new RG6 and Cat6 lines and everything is dedicated with no shared splitters, etc.. We really went all out on cabling and redundancy in our home.
If this was an issue, running a system test would report it.
Thanks again for the clarification. I didn't see anything in the system report.
Do it step by step, not all at once or we'll never know what the problem was. In other words "fix" one thing at a time and see if it works. Too many times folks use the "shotgun approach" and we never really learn exactly what the problem was.
I just reread what I wrote and it reads as if I have something against the "shotgun approach". I use it all the time. Most of the time, I don't really know what solved my problem, as long as it's solved I don't really care, but in your case it would be interesting to see exactly what the problem is/was.
Agree 100%. Addressing 1 at a time as needed and reporting back.