Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Midnight Lounge Question about menus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pkd7423

pkd7423

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

To all,

Can anyone tell me why the Midnight Lounge has the titles of movies blanked out as shown in the attached screenshots?

P1030798.JPG (second picture removed by moderator)

Blue boxes with white xxx over the squares where movie title should be.  As you navigate around the page -like selecting one - they will flicker for a split second and you can actually see the titles under there......then it quickly repaints the block out.

Sorry I didn't readily see a way to insert the screenshots in the body here....it looks like they will be attached.

Thanks,

pkd7423

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,790 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

FYI, I removed your second picture for adult content and I think your first picture illustrates fully your question anyway.

I can't test this myself, because in my state I am not allowed access to the Midnight Lounge at all... so I can't say if you are experiencing a bug OR if it is intended behavior intended (albeit in a seemingly misguided way) to self-censor the display of the full titles.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   pkd7423

pkd7423

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

Stewart,

Sorry about the adult content.  I put the second picture up because it was 2 deep into the menu system.  I didn't notice the content because I was so engrossed in showing the issue.   But you're right the picture left shows the problem.

To provide more details:   

I'm a Texas Dish customer.

my receiver is a VIP 722

completely unlocked

hiding nothing (that I know of)

I know this menu system will show the titles because when I first got this unit to replace another a few years back it worked for about 1 week.  I have placed a few calls to customer service to no avail.  This issue is hard to describe and I really think there wasn't a great deal of care on the other end to resolve the issue.  A picture (of the problem) is worth a 1000 words and they have no desire to receive or make provisions to receive the picture.

Perhaps some (DiRT) members can respond?

Thanks,

pkd7423

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,790 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

Since you say your receiver is unlocked and not hiding any content... the only thing I can think of to try is pulling the power cord and letting it sit for a minute, then plug it back in.  Maybe that will shock something back to working correctly.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#5 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 661 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

It looks the same way here on my 722. Everything is unlocked on mine also.

#6 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

These movies have titles? I never noticed.  :P

Yes, FTABlog is active again. Why do you ask?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...