Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Stop button for RC71?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MRM

MRM

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

Forgive me if this has been asked before. I did a few searches and couldn't find the answer for this.

We just got the new HR44 Genie last weekend. Still getting used to some of the changes on the remote. Is there supposed to be a stop button for DVR recordings? The only way I have seen to get out of a recording is by hitting the exit button.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,613 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

That is indeed a common complaint.

There is no Stop Button. The Exit button is one way to stop the program.

Pressing the guide button and changing to another channel will stop the program that is running also.

Neither of these get the option screen that you are used to with the older remote.

The older remote can be used with your receiver but only in IR mode. The RF is totally different in the new remote.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,497 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

Yup, there is no STOP button. EXIT accomplishes (almost) the same thing.  Also the PLAY and PAUSE was merged with the PAUSE button.  lame

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,324 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

Or if you are ready to delete the recording when you stop it, you can fast forward to the end and the "Keep/Delete" will appear.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#5 OFFLINE   MRM

MRM

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

Or if you are ready to delete the recording when you stop it, you can fast forward to the end and the "Keep/Delete" will appear.

That's what I have been doing. Thanks.

#6 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,879 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

Forgive me if this has been asked before. I did a few searches and couldn't find the answer for this.

We just got the new HR44 Genie last weekend. Still getting used to some of the changes on the remote. Is there supposed to be a stop button for DVR recordings? The only way I have seen to get out of a recording is by hitting the exit button.

Any logical person would think there would be a stop button but the geniuses at DirecTV forgot to put one on the RC71.

• JACKIEGAGA likes this
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#7 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,613 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

That's what I have been doing. Thanks.

To get to the end really quickly,

Press the FF button, then press the 30SLIP button just above it. It will jump to the next tick mark in the progress bar. Each press of the 30SLIP button will advance to the next mark.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#8 OFFLINE   sweep49

sweep49

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSW GA

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

If you started watching the recording from the "List", and are not at the end of the recording and want to delete it:  hit the back button (left arrow) which will take you back to the "List" with the show highlighted; push the red button to delete the program.

HR22-100 + AM21
HR22-100

HR44-500 + AM21
H21 + AM21

Self installed:
Slimline 5
SWM-16
MRV

#9 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,879 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

If you started watching the recording from the "List", and are not at the end of the recording and want to delete it:  hit the back button (left arrow) which will take you back to the "List" with the show highlighted; push the red button to delete the program.

That doesn't work if you've done anything since you started watching the recording.  If you, for instance, bring up the guide while watching your recording then using back will just bring up the guide.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#10 OFFLINE   jackdinla

jackdinla

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

If you are still watching the show, press the "back" button and it will take you to the menu that includes "restart from beginning, keep, delete, etc" and you can delete the show.

#11 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,879 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

If you are still watching the show, press the "back" button and it will take you to the menu that includes "restart from beginning, keep, delete, etc" and you can delete the show.

Again, only if that's the last thing you just did.  The "back" button takes you back to what you last did, not any specific menu.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#12 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

Interestingly, that's not always reliable. Sometimes the KOD never appears, and other times it takes a long time to appear, and still rare other times, I've seen the recording start from the beginning. That's on my c41 or hr44.

#13 OFFLINE   Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

Thats what I do as well.

65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500

#14 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,750 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

I just don't use the RC71

But. . . It does have superior key response, great hand feel, easy to navigate by feel, plus empowers one to transfer from thumb to index finger operation without a thought. In this regard its a hot little thang. But the lack of discreet pause play keys . . .

Add to the fact the HR44 is a Home Media Center and adds PIP which should have direct key access by many accounts and the little bedroom/motel room remote seems a bit undersized for its intended purpose.

Still many will love it. As to lack of a stop key, Apple's iDevices set that standard along time back.

Don "the only winning move is not to play" Bolton

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

#15 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,377 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

I have to wonder if they don't get back feedback from the receivers about what keys people use and didn't go partially by that.  I pretty much NEVER used the stop button and couldn't care less that its gone.  I don't care that its gone, hasn't changed my viewing habits at all.

I am not saying I think this remote is perfect, but the lack of a stop button is the last thing I care about.  Plus, I still think there's no reason they couldn't turn the red button into a stop key for recordings.

#16 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,497 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

Plus, I still think there's no reason they couldn't turn the red button into a stop key for recordings.

Confussion

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#17 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,879 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Plus, I still think there's no reason they couldn't turn the red button into a stop key for recordings.

Confussion

No confusion at all, red means stop.  :)

• NR4P likes this
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#18 OFFLINE   tumbleweed

tumbleweed

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts
  • LocationEastern Oregon

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

I too miss the stop button.  There are some "work around solutions" but they are not as good for me as a stop button.  I have gone back to using my old univdersal remote in the IR mode. 

• frogg likes this

Tom

HR44-500

SWM

#19 OFFLINE   hish747

hish747

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

No confusion at all, red means stop.  :)

Actually, I was going to say that Red button is clearly the record button...since that's what that has meant forever.

#20 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,879 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:08 AM

Actually, I was going to say that Red button is clearly the record button...since that's what that has meant forever.

I'm pretty sure the color Red meant stop long before it meant record.  :)

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Protected By... spam firewall...And...