Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Scoreguide

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MX727

MX727

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

I did a quick search, but most of the Scoreguide info I could find related to the back and forth when they were switching over.

With that out of the way, the new Scoreguide is horrible!  Last night, I brought it up to find out the score of the TB-Texas game.  Then I selected Watch Now.  It came back with no showings, check local listings.  I couldn't believe that to be the case and went ahead and scrolled through the guide.  Sure enough, the guide had the game on TBS.  Not exactly hard to find.  I get that this was an extra game, but....

OK, bigger issue with Scoreguide.  Sunday evening, I wanted a quick rundown of the day's NFL games.  Bring up Scoreguide, Today and there are no games listed.  They'd all been moved to the Completed tab.  So, select Completed and it has 44 pages, starting with the games on Thursday.  In order to check Sunday's games, I'd have to scroll through 44 pages and we all know it doesn't scroll that quickly.  It ends up being much quicker to pick up the iPhone and use ScoreMobile or ESPN app.

I appreciate them trying to improve things, but this version of Scoreguide needs some serious usabiliity tweaking.  My one suggestion would be to leave the completed games for Today, in the Today tab.  Funny how they can quickly move a game (sometimes before it is actually over) but can't quickly update the TV listings in real time.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,280 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

Can comment on the score since I use my iPhone push notifications to get updates or use Siri to ask for updates.  Regarding the guide live updates, DirecTV controls the score guide, not so much for the guide data

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...