Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Lost local ABC/NBC/CW channel? Dish gave me OTA Hopper module for free (will be free in 6 months)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tenwinecans

tenwinecans

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

like many people, I lost some local channels as of Oct 1.  (ABC, NBC, CW, or both)

I spoke with a Dish customer service rep on the phone last night.  He offered me a $5 statement credit for the next six months to make up for the $30 that I paid for the OTA Hopper module.  This makes the module essentially free after 6 months.

It's not the perfect solution, but at least I "should" be able to continue watching those locals for now. :)   I don't really know for sure, since I have not received the module yet. Now I just have to find the rabbit ears in the basement.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   foghorn2

foghorn2

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

The first thing I did after I got the hopper was to get the OTA module. I really don't care if the locals station pull off of dish. Screw them, they show stupid commercials for revenue- they don't need to extort making prices go higher for everyone. The FCC should pull their licence for these tactics using the public airwaves to extract cash from US, yes ultimately WE ALL PAY!

"I will save you everyone. and then you can pay me when I'm done" -Stuart Adamson

#3 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Registered
  • 931 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

The OTA module is better than the directv version and the old Dish versions, it is so good I also get ABC and CBS from a near by city.  Well worth it.  Plus you got an extra tuner to record with.

"We need more power Scotty" Kirk

Protected By... spam firewall...And...