Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Now Testing TOPIFY for DBSTalk Mobile APP

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   JackIT

JackIT

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

Note to Jack..."Cutting Edge" is a private forum area.  So it seems that you need to look into how you are handling group permissions as it is usually added as a secondary group in this case.

I think we've found the issue, we're working on it and should have an update shortly.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 2,056 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

NOTICE:

At this time I have DEACTIVATED the Topify plugin to check into another issues we have been seeing with duplicate posts being made.  Sometimes other plugins can make for issues and thus looking for the cause.  

I will post when we have restarted the beta testing of Topify. 

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

Board of Advisers - Prelaunch.com

Connecting to Over 5 Million Unique Enthusiasts a Month

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#43 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,605 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

David-

I've seen a lot of duplicates that seemed to not be caused by Topify, and it seems that the server is blocked for incoming posts, and so the sender hits Post again, and a duplicate is created. At least that's how it seemed with me a few times in the past 3-4 days. Now, if those instances are all replies to posts sent from Topify, then bets are off. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#44 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,963 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

Yep, I got some weird message with a post last night, and "topify" was in the error message. I didn't resubmit, first looked to see if the post worked, and it did.
DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#45 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

David-

I've seen a lot of duplicates that seemed to not be caused by Topify, and it seems that the server is blocked for incoming posts, and so the sender hits Post again, and a duplicate is created. At least that's how it seemed with me a few times in the past 3-4 days. Now, if those instances are all replies to posts sent from Topify, then bets are off. 

Hi...

Not that the duplicate posts are made from within the Topify app itself, but that the programs site "plugin" that I needed to add to the sites code could maybe be interfering somehow.  Right now it is only as guess as not many changes have been made to the site in some time.  As such, I turned off Topify to see if the dup issue goes away.  If it does, great, and I alert the Topify programmers as to the issue made by the plugin.  If not, then I need to look elsewhere.

Hope that makes sense. :)

David Bott

Admin - Owner

Founder - AVSForum.comTiVoCommunity.com, Home Theater Cruise, LLC, DBNet Consulting, LLC, 

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged.

#46 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Yep, I got some weird message with a post last night, and "topify" was in the error message. I didn't resubmit, first looked to see if the post worked, and it did.

Hi...Thanks.  Wish I had the error though. ;)  Right now Topify is still OFF in hopes to see if the dups stop.  Again though...still not sure it is even the plugin...but have to start somewhere.  So far, from when I turned it off, I have not had a lock when posting.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#47 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,605 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

I take it you can see the posting method? Some sort of sniffing as it were. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#48 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

I take it you can see the posting method? Some sort of sniffing as it were. 

Hi...If you mean me.  Nope.  I am just waiting to see if we get more reports or dup posts and making posts myself.  

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#49 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

OK, no more DUP reports, I am going to turn back on Topify and see if it start again.  Please let me know.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#50 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

Topify app plugin now turned off again as it seems that it is likely that it is the cause of duplicate posts as reported in this thread...

http://www.dbstalk.c...oops-two-posts/

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#51 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

Topify App now re-enabled.  Please be so kind to resume testing.

Thank you. 

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#52 ONLINE   p010ne

p010ne

Godfather

• Registered
  • 479 posts
  • Locationdecatur, tx

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:29 PM

Cutting edge only has 9 topics, no sticky!

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad
Eighter from Decatur, County Seat of Wise (of course it's in Texas)

#53 OFFLINE   JackIT

JackIT

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

The stickies are include in the 9 topics. They're labeled "sticky"

#54 OFFLINE   JackIT

JackIT

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Cutting edge only has 9 topics, no sticky!

rDXdxGN.png

#55 ONLINE   p010ne

p010ne

Godfather

• Registered
  • 479 posts
  • Locationdecatur, tx

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

Your implementation is worthless then since you do not provide access to the two additional forums of the tapatalk version (announcements, issues)!

#56 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

"Your implementation is worthless then "

Rather than being just directly negative, it might help if you advised the way you think it should be handled.  Remember, this is a BETA.  As such, we are looking for items that may be missing or not implemented.  Also remember, they might not have the access you have as they more than likely are not cutting edge members and this would not know if something was missing.

Jack, in this case, I think he is referring to special permission forums.  Cutting Edge is an added sub group to an account.  You can add the group to your test accounts and personal accounts here...  http://www.dbstalk.com/store/

Thank you.

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#57 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,018 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

"Your implementation is worthless then "

Rather than being just directly negative, it might help if you advised the way you think it should be handled.  Remember, this is a BETA.  As such, we are looking for items that may be missing or not implemented.  Also remember, they might not have the access you have as they more than likely are not cutting edge members and this would not know if something was missing.

Jack, in this case, I think he is referring to special permission forums.  Cutting Edge is an added sub group to an account.  You can add the group to your test accounts and personal accounts here...  http://www.dbstalk.com/store/

Thank you.

I agree with David, please remember that Topify is in BETA and we need to treat it like our other BETA programs.  If you find problems or issues they should be reported with as much detail as possible so the developers can fix them.  

It is always best to keep issues to the point and without added negativity.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#58 ONLINE   p010ne

p010ne

Godfather

• Registered
  • 479 posts
  • Locationdecatur, tx

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

This post says they found the problem?

#59 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

Yes, of not being able to see that forum section at all...not what is in the section which is not what you may be reporting I think.

Thanks

David Bott

Admin - Owner

#60 OFFLINE   JackIT

JackIT

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

Your implementation is worthless then since you do not provide access to the two additional forums of the tapatalk version (announcements, issues)!

Thanks for reporting this. We've found the issue and should have a fix shortly

spam firewall