Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers, and R22: 0x0740 Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,822 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

This is the official Issues and Discussion thread for all HD DVRs, Receivers, and R22, version 0x0740.

Release notes: http://www.dbstalk.c...8201-hx2x-0740/

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.

Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ub1934

ub1934

Icon

• Registered
  • 518 posts
  • LocationUpState NY

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

This is the official Issues and Discussion thread for all HD DVRs, Receivers, and R22, version 0x0740.

Release notes: http://www.dbstalk.c...8201-hx2x-0740/

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.

Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

:unsure: Do we DL @ 11 pm or is D just putting this up ?

#3 OFFLINE   Sea bass

Sea bass

Icon

• Registered
  • 644 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:51 AM

If anyone is missing "My Directv" or Movies posters, do a double red button reset. The Shadow helped me with that earlier. Thanks to the Shadow:)

#4 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

If anyone is missing "My Directv" or Movies posters, do a double red button reset. The Shadow helped me with that earlier. Thanks to the Shadow:)

You should only be using RBR if the unit is completely locked up and unresponsive.  For a normal reboot use the "reset" option in the software.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#5 OFFLINE   DanG48

DanG48

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

Sorry about that...will keep to all rules from now on.

#6 OFFLINE   Soccernut

Soccernut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

My HR24 never did download the new sofware, did the red button reset with no luck.

#7 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

My HR24 never did download the new sofware, did the red button reset with no luck.

I don't have the new one either. Sometimes it comes quickly, sometimes it takes as much as a month, sometimes it does not come at all and I get the next number in the cycle.

Be patient, when they want us to have it, we will get it.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#8 OFFLINE   phodg

phodg

Mentor

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

Another version ? The last one hosed up 2 of my 3 DVRs guide-wise for almost a week. I wish I could opt out of these things.

#9 OFFLINE   Soccernut

Soccernut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

I don't have the new one either. Sometimes it comes quickly, sometimes it takes as much as a month, sometimes it does not come at all and I get the next number in the cycle.

Be patient, when they want us to have it, we will get it.

Thanks

#10 OFFLINE   cherrypicker

cherrypicker

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

Thinking about replacing my dvrs with a genie. Does anyone know if there is a season pass limit, my Tivo has no limit but my dtv dvrs are limited to 50 season passes. Season pass amount is a stopper for me so I thank you in advance.

#11 OFFLINE   Lsol

Lsol

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

Thinking about replacing my dvrs with a genie. Does anyone know if there is a season pass limit, my Tivo has no limit but my dtv dvrs are limited to 50 season passes. Season pass amount is a stopper for me so I thank you in advance.

I think it's 100

#12 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

The Genie's limit is 100

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#13 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,678 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

how many DVRs do you have now? How many other non DVR units do you have now.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#14 OFFLINE   jcwest

jcwest

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

Big Problem!!!

Couldn't a find thread dedicated to the HR34 Genie 740 so here goes.

HR34-700/AM21 F/W 0740

Yesterday watching NFL ST using PIP when I tried to switch screens the HR34 LOCKED UP completely. Would not respond to any commands remote or box including power button on box.

Hit RED button gave it a few minutes to settle down after reset and tried PIP again, worked for a while then the exact same lock-up as before. Did a second RED button. After second RBR box worked right for most of the late game using PIP.

About midway through the late game it locked up for a third time and this time I pulled power cord for 30 min. and was able to finish the late games using PIP.

After the game I checked the playlist and it was blank only showing 90% free space, no recordings at all.

Checked playlist on the HR20 and it showed all recordings on the HR34 and tested a couple and the played normally.

This time I did a menu restart and all recordings showed back up in the list but I had to manually Restart Network Services.

My HR34-700 is about a year old now and has been Rock Solid except for a few minor glitches, nothing to compare to the problems of other new boxes going through growing pains.

Am I just lucky or has anyone else had an experience like this using PIP?

J C

HR20-700
HR34-700 AM21
HR21-200 AM21N
HR21-200

#15 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,552 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

The hR34's next firmware upgrade is 0x0744 same for the HR44.

http://www.dbstalk.c...3-genie-0x0744/

0x0740 is for the HR2x series.

http://www.dbstalk.c...suesdiscussion/

DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#16 OFFLINE   Jeffro

Jeffro

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

Has anyone gotten this software update yet?  Will this software update fix the guide bug?

#17 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

Not here yet.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#18 OFFLINE   mrmojo

mrmojo

Mentor

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

Got this update on 10/15 and am disappointed.  The previous release caused DirecTV2PC and MediaShare to stop working properly or all together.  They were working fine before.

DirecTV2PC sees my HR21-200 but does not display the recordings at all.  With the previous release (736?) I could change how the list was displayed and then they would appear but if there were multiple recordings in a group it would display the group name and "0/0" for recordings.  Now I don't see any recordings at all.  Previous this worked flawlessly for me.  MediaShare does not work at all now.

I have tried resets, RBR and even powered down the box for over a 1/2 hour, reset the router, etc., but these still do not work.  Nothing has changed in my network setup, PC, etc.  One thing I did notice with the previous release and this one is that if I check the advanced network settings on the HR21-200 which has always been set to "AUTO" the STB is no longer assigning ports.  This always worked just fine.  Is it possible this is causing my problems?  I have tried manually setting the STB ports and it says it is successful but cannot make a connection.  Pandora, YouTube, Apps, etc., all work fine and the receiver is recognized on my network.

Any ideas?  I would appreciate it because I have tried just about everything I can think of.  Very frustrating!

#19 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,099 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

Got the 0x740 version this morning on my 2 HR24s. I have not checked the H21 since it is in my son's room and he is asleep.

Will update if I see any problems. It is slow this morning but that is because I always do a reset / restart the receiver after new software is loaded.

Edit / Add: I have had this version now for one week on 2 receivers and so far have not noticed any problems. I do not have them on the internet nor do I have the Whole Home DVR service.

Edited by jimmie57, 30 October 2013 - 07:21 AM.

#20 OFFLINE   TANK

TANK

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 875 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

No update for my HR 23-700 yet, down here in Central Florida.

spam firewall