Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers, and R22: 0x0740 Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   phodg

phodg

Mentor

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

My HR23 got the update last night apparently. Came home, turned it on and the guide was trashed. Didn't record any of the shows it was set for today. Awesome. Last time this happened it took days of reboots and double resets to get the guide to populate. It would populate about 2 hours' worth of data for all the channels but then once that ran out it would never populate probably 75% of the channels further than that.

Can't wait for the update to be applied to both my HR-21 models. Sigh.

I just wish there was a way of preventing these updates from being applied. Or an alternative way to populate the guide. They're all connected to the internet.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   vern7791

vern7791

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • Locationmassachusetts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

I'm having issues with this download. I have already received error downloading software twice and this is my main televison. Can i Opt out of this or how about if im just stuck in this continuous loop of never gaining 1% of download. Keeps erroring out after rolling thru the different numbers at the top left hand corner. This is a HR20-700 receiver. Can you exit out of this or are you forced to take on these new software releases? This is been going on for 3 hours and I havent downloaded a bit of data

Edited by vern7791, 23 October 2013 - 08:21 PM.

#23 ONLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,907 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

I'm having issues with this download. I have already received error downloading software twice and this is my main televison. Can i Opt out of this or how about if im just stuck in this continuous loop of never gaining 1% of download. Keeps erroring out after rolling thru the different numbers at the top left hand corner. This is a HR20-700 receiver. Can you exit out of this or are you forced to take on these new software releases? This is been going on for 3 hours and I havent downloaded a bit of data

There is no way to opt out.  However, what you are seeing is not normal.  perhaps you have some dish alignment issues.  how are you signals on the 101 satellite

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#24 OFFLINE   Sully

Sully

AllStar

• Registered
  • 103 posts
  • LocationDecorah, IA

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

I now have the 0x740 software on my HR24 and HR23 and also have the 0x744 software on my HR34.  Ever since the update, my GenieGo app on all of my iDevices (iPhones and iPad) only show the playlist for the HR34, even though all 3 DVRs show up in the "DVR Playlist".  All of this was working fine last Friday when I was using the GenieGo app to download movies from each of the DVRs to my kids' iDevices.

I have verified that the sharing settings on all DVRs are set to 'Allow' and have restarted each of the DVRs.  I also reset my GenieGo.  Nothing has worked.

I'm hopeful that a fix (or workaround) will be available soon as I use my GenieGo daily.

HR23, HR24, HR34

#25 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 556 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

I got the update on my HR24-500 and so far smooth sailing. The slow motion is a nice touch. Sent from the other side of the Milky Way with my S4.

Edited by mrro82, 24 October 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#26 OFFLINE   COPTERDOCTOR

COPTERDOCTOR

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

October 25, 2013

HR24-500 has lost Pandora, Youtube and on-demand access. 2 other  Hr20-700 receivers are fine.  Many resets including three in 30 minutes and overnight waits still no Pandora etc.....   Internet shows connected to DTV, also able to send error report to dtv online so unit has internet access. Also a new download of the firmware gives no joy.  Problem in firmware for Hr24-500. Prior to this release all was fine.

#27 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 717 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

I lost Pandora on one of my HR24-100's, but have it on several other ones with the update, and it's gone on the receiver I use most for Pandora. Tried a reboot and start network services and it is still not working. How do I get this thing to show the icon again?

My Genie HR34 also upgraded this week and my GenieGo would not populate any new shows, for 3 days now. I just did a 10 second reset on the GenieGo, and now the latest shows are populating again thank god.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

11 DirecTV HD-DVR's including a Genie and GenieGO

#28 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 717 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

Now my Pandora came up about a half hour after doing procedures in my last post.......

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

11 DirecTV HD-DVR's including a Genie and GenieGO

#29 ONLINE   khark

khark

Mentor

• Registered
  • 54 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

I got the update my two HR/22s and one HR21 on 10/10 and on 10/11 I got the error message "no signal on tuner 2" on one HR 22 and the HR21. The other HR22 was fine. I called customer service several times. My first bug problem was that they couldn't schedule a service call until 10/24 between 4:00 and 8:00 PM which to me is not what I call good service. I was told that I could log on to my account and look at scheduled service calls and check to see if they have had any cancellations and if so I might be able to get an erlier service call.

I kept checking for scheduled service calls for the next several days but it never did show that I had any scheduled. I called customer service several more time to tell them their web site didn't work as promised and to see if I could get a quicker service call with no good news.Finally one of the ladies I talked to suggested that I should do a setup for a single tuner DVR. I did and it at least made them so they would work on one tuner.

I kept checking every day or so to see if my scheduled service call showed up on the web site, it didn't. On 10/24 at about 5:00 PM they called and told me they had to reschedule for 10/26 between 8:00 AM and noon. At about 11:45 AM they guy showed up.

He ran setup and put both DVRs back to 2 tuners and the damned things worked, never could figure out what the problem could have been!!

:nono2: :nono2: :scratch:

#30 OFFLINE   Dan B

Dan B

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

I received 0740 on the HR21 last Wednesday morning and still have not got My DirecTV or any of the interactive apps/YouTube/Pandora/etc. to work.  I restarted the receiver a couple of days ago, but that did not help. I am able to download V.O.D. content, and it says it is connected and online services are functioning.

#31 OFFLINE   Jeffro

Jeffro

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

I got this new software a week ago 10/23 and my guide data is still messed up.  Does DirecTV know about this issue?  When will they fix this issue and the other issues posted on this thread?  Does anyone have a majic way to get the guide data corrected?

#32 OFFLINE   jcwest

jcwest

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 299 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

I got this new software a week ago 10/23 and my guide data is still messed up.  Does DirecTV know about this issue?  When will they fix this issue and the other issues posted on this thread?  Does anyone have a majic way to get the guide data corrected?

Do a menu restart twice in less than 30 min. and this will flush guide data and force the unit to load all new stuff.

J C

HR20-700
HR34-700 AM21
HR21-200 AM21N
HR21-200

#33 OFFLINE   Dan B

Dan B

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

I received 0740 on the HR21 last Wednesday morning and still have not got My DirecTV or any of the interactive apps/YouTube/Pandora/etc. to work.  I restarted the receiver a couple of days ago, but that did not help. I am able to download V.O.D. content, and it says it is connected and online services are functioning.

A double restart fixed this.

#34 OFFLINE   Denman

Denman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

A double restart fixed this.

Tried the double restart numerous times with the 0740 hr22-100 and it would not bring back the interactive piece, it was down for over a week, Direct swapped out unit today with HR24-500.

#35 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

report 20131116-1FDC   Missing Pandora and Youtube,   Did network reset followed by reset menu and still missing.   HR21 and HR44 in same house have both

#36 OFFLINE   mrphil

mrphil

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

0x740 HR24/500

Going to any SonicTap channel, the 'More Info' button is highlighted. which requires you to press 'Exit' to make that go away, until then, you can't even upchannel/downchannel. Once another song starts, the 'More Info' banner reappears, requiring once again an 'Exit' command.  This doesn't occur on other channels, just SonicTap, and is annoying.  Don't know when this 'feature' was added, but it needs to go away!!!

(1) HR44-500 w/Ethernet / AM21 / Monsoon Vulkano 010410VL
USpeed AK-68UPSHDDS-BU Dock / WD30EURS 3TB Drive
(1) HR24-500 / Antec MX-1 Dock / WD20EVDS 2TB Drive
(2) C41-100 Clients / Monsoon Vulkano 010410VF

#37 ONLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,848 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

0x740 HR24/500

Going to any SonicTap channel, the 'More Info' button is highlighted. which requires you to press 'Exit' to make that go away, until then, you can't even upchannel/downchannel. Once another song starts, the 'More Info' banner reappears, requiring once again an 'Exit' command.  This doesn't occur on other channels, just SonicTap, and is annoying.  Don't know when this 'feature' was added, but it needs to go away!!!

It's been like that for a long time now so it's not something new, since Directv figure you'll see the music description when listening to SonicTap music channels, trying to change channels when another song starts should work and shouldn't be doing that, unless it's the case of slow remote response.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#38 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Registered
  • 658 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

This might not be the best place for this, but it does not fit in connected home exactly either. I have a genie (44) and two hr 24's. I have center ice and an interesting problem. Multiroom viewing is fine with all programming except CI. Sometimes I can watch a game recorded on one machine on a different one and sometimes I can only watch a game on the machine that reorder it. It seems quite variable. Rebooting and reauthorizing seem to have no effect, indeed we just went through a whole new set up, sort of, new multiswitch, lnb, and wiring when I got the genie two weeks ago. Anyone else have this and what have you done, besides screaming at the tv? 

thanks, 

#39 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,847 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

Have you recorded them on the ci channel or the RSN channel thats open to you when the game is on?

#40 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Registered
  • 658 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:23 PM

Have you recorded them on the ci channel or the RSN channel thats open to you when the game is on?

on the ci channel, and interestingly, on Sunday, before i reauthorized the genie, I had the d* logo and music on the CI channel but the game I wanted to watch on the RSN!!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...