Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Two missed installs by Directv

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Baylor

Baylor

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

I scheduled my movers deal 2 weeks prior to my move and the install was scheduled for 9/24. The installer was a no show. After many calls and promised call backs (which didn't happen) I was rescheduled for October 2 (10 days out...I wasn't happy). Directv sent several "escalations" but those were more stall tactics. Today was the day. I received several automated calls and a text this time verifying the appointment and a call between noon and 4pm. Looked promising and nothing. The technician never called or showed up. I called the back office several times and they promised call backs but that fell through. My call to retention only resulted in more escalations which to date have been false promises. Does anyone have advice on my next steps?

Edited by Baylor, 02 October 2013 - 08:31 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

I assume where you typed 10/24 you meant 9/24, yes? Anyway, I would email the office of the president. ellen.filipiak@directv.com. They are very good at fixing problems like yours.

#3 OFFLINE   Baylor

Baylor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

Yes 9/24 and thanks

#4 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,393 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

Anyway, I would email the office of the president. ellen.filipiak@directv.com. They are very good at fixing problems like yours.

+1

#5 OFFLINE   Baylor

Baylor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

Holy smokes! To say this worked is an understatement. I've talked to a lot of people today and I now have a completed install. Thanks for the advice.

#6 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,274 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

Glad that it worked out. Ellen's office is very good at resolving issues. I would hope that they gave you some concessions as an apology for the problems they caused you.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#7 OFFLINE   studechip

studechip

Godfather

• Registered
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

Holy smokes! To say this worked is an understatement. I've talked to a lot of people today and I now have a completed install. Thanks for the advice.

Glad to help!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...