Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

New Ironside

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6,102 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

Bring Our Miss Brooks LOL..

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,960 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

Why not: Howdy Doody?

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#23 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,702 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

I'm just sayin. Knight Rider, Bride of the Munster mobile , and My mother the Car integrated into a single new series would be a hit  :sleeping: 

A seasoned drag racer by day, crime fighter by night obtains a street racer that has coped a 'tude. It's not only outlandish in appearance but it constantly nags at him as they roam the countryside running races and fighting crime.

Don "title it BJ and the Drag umm Mom Yeah that's it" Bolton

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

#24 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,702 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

Seriously Ironside was really its own creature and OK if you didn't try to frame it with the classic. I think it could have had a few more episodes before the Lizzie Borden action and might have been an OK. OTH if they were really trying to cash in on the old Raymond Burr classic they were in the wrong galaxy.

Don "would we have liked it better if named say Wheelman? or something other than Ironside?" Bolton

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

#25 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

Bring Our Miss Brooks LOL..

She would be 115 years old.

#26 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,463 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

I watched a few minutes and tossed it. For this troglodyte, the Burr character and his cadence particularly, were completely missing. And I think using a very good actor who's other than older, slower and white was a mistake. At least for some of us who recall the originals. 

Blair Underwood seems to be one of those actors who will never get that one show or movie that will set him up as a superstar.  I actually have a name for this syndrome:  The Joe Pepitone Syndrome.  Covers anyone who doesn't live up to expectations.  

Rich 

#27 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,463 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

I agree.  But I guess it works sometimes - see Battlestar Galactica.  I was appalled Starbuck was going to be female.  But apparently, she was a huge hit!  I actually didn't even watch, just for that reason.

It was better than the first series, I think.  Still not in the same class as other SF series, such as Star Trek: The Next Generation. But, not a bad series either.  

Rich   

#28 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,162 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

Why not: Howdy Doody?

because bob keeshan (the original claribelle the clown and captain kangaroo) has been dead for several years.

#29 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,960 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

I was referring to outlandish remakes, not really making dead actors the central subject. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

spam firewall