Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FOX Extends Yellow Streak with Record-Setting 26th Season Pick-Up of THE SIMPSONS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

https://www.facebook...151913331318656

"FOX has picked up THE SIMPSONS for a historic 26th season, it was announced today by Kevin Reilly, Chairman of Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company.

“For more than a quarter of a century, THE SIMPSONS has captured the hearts and minds of fans in a way that transcends ages, languages and cultures,” said Reilly. “This groundbreaking series is not only the longest-running scripted show in television history, it’s one of the greatest sitcoms of our time, and I’m looking forward to yet another landmark season.”"

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,513 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

Very surprising how few episodes in total have been made in 25 seasons, I was thinking it would have to be near 800 by now but was way off.

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#3 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,224 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:58 AM

Very surprising how few episodes in total have been made in 25 seasons, I was thinking it would have to be near 800 by now but was way off.

The 22 to 23 episodes a season does seem small when you compare it to shows such as Gunsmoke who produced 35+ a season in it's first 10 years.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

Protected By... spam firewall...And...