To be honest here is my review, I went from DVR 625 to Hopper w/Sling
1. DIsh Anywhere, can watch tv anywhere as long you have tv access
2. Can watch 2 tv at once
- TV1 users the hopper
- TV2 Dish Anywhere app
3. Hopper w/sling comes with 2tb harddrive
1. You only can skip entire commercials on primetime anytime recordings which are abc, cbs, fox, and nbc. I would find it more useful if dish made the feature to skip commercials on all record dvr shows for example, if you record a show on national geographic or cnn you will not be able skip the entire commerical at once.
2. Dvr fee is $12 a month on hopper, I am complaining about this because we as customers are getting ripped off by dish. I know there are some people on here who like the $12 month dvr, because they want to be married to dish so bad, lol. My saying is that if we are paying $12 a month give us more for our money. For example the apps feature, dish installs the apps for example there is pandora, facebook, the rest junk if like playing blackjack with your tv...that doesnt sound like fun to me. I think dish needs to wake up and come back to the 21st century, and update this feature to where we are able to access google play and download our own apps and choose what we like, not them.
3. This receiver is pretty much the same as the VIP722 and VIP922. You pay much less dvr fee with those other 2 receiver than with the hopper. The only difference is that there is no menu screen to go check the satellite signal. Its all stored in one little nice screen, I dont understand why that would cost Dish so much money operate a software like that.