Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

IP command for "press and hold"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ONLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,733 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

Hi, I'd like to know if there is a SHEF command for press and hold buttons on direcTV. If not, I need a command that can be sent by IP that simulates a press and hold exit command to switch between "your cables are not HD" and and SD output. Or even a command that simulates press and hold INFO to get to advanced settings.

Any commands I could bookmark via iPhone Safari browser would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   djrobx

djrobx

Godfather

• Registered
  • 502 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:11 AM

I'm not sure if there's an easier way, but if you use the serial interface, you can specifically tell it key down and up. 

5.13 SendUserCommand (0xA5)

Command Label

SendUserCommand

Command Byte

0xA5

Input Parameter(s)

[Type] [Device] [Key] *******************************************************************

Type:

1. 0x00  Key Toggle

2. 0x01  Key Up

3. 0x02  Key Down

Device:

1. 0x00  Front Panel

2. 0x01  Remote

Key:

1. 0xD4  Exit (key #30)

SHEF supports anything that can be done via serial - /serial/processCommand

• cypherx likes this

spam firewall