Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

TBS MLB Playoff Coverage - Not looking good.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,176 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

I've watched the first few innings of yesterday's Boston/Tampa Bay game.

Who are these cameramen?  Have they ever covered a baseball game?

In ONE inning, they had no idea where to point their cameras during:

- Ortiz's double.  Never saw the ball bounce into the bullpen - didn't even see (initially) Myers calling for the ball and ducking out of the way - only saw that on the replay camera that was only ever focused on Myers.

- Never saw why a throw in from RF allowed Gomes to score (it hit a runner)

- Two doubles off the wall where you couldn't see the ball

There've been numerous other plays during the game so far where the camera crew looks completely lost and the director has had to show wide shots of the entire field to show what is going on.  During fly balls you can practically see the cameraman looking for the ball.

Conversely, on a hit to LF, NESN cameramen can zoom in on the ball IN FLIGHT so close as to even show you the rotation.

Who are these newbies?

It's not just a hometown bias that NESN is better than these guys.  I have the MLB package and I've watched out of market games (especially the Nationals) and these TBS guys just seem like they're lost.

Edited by djlong, 05 October 2013 - 10:43 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,480 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

Interesting! I was wondering if TBS contracts out with, say, Comcast Sports for some of its broadcasts, or with free lancers as perhaps were used at Fenway.

This morning I saw about four different camera angles on the missed fly - but that was via the 'Net. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#3 OFFLINE   chevyguy559

chevyguy559

Fresno State Bulldog!

• Registered
  • 706 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

The TBS online stream wasn't working for a while yesterday....made watching the games at work tough :( lol

DirecTV Subscriber Since 11/2008
Choice Ultimate - HD Extra - RZC
(2) HR22-100
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)

spam firewall