First of all, I had the old school system basically 4 coax coming off the LMB. 2 coax going to each HR21 receivers.
Upgrade to SWM and a big mess of wires.
So the installer came out and this is what he did.
1. Replaced the LMB with 1 coax going to an outside splitter.
2. The existing 4 coax wires were still used from the prior setup and those 4 coax wires are plugged into the other side of the splitter going to each of my 2 receivers.
TV1: (This is where my wireless bride is setup and used for wired cat5 internet for devices)
AC/DC adapter plugged into a DCA brick. This DCA brick has my cat5 wired internet connection plugged into it. This DCA device also has the coax plugged into going back to the outside splitter. A coax coming back from the outside splitter goes to the back of my HR44-500. Nothing else plugged into the HR-44-500 except coax and tv stuff. No physical cat5 connection going to the back of my HR-44. I also checked out the settings for the receiver and it stated that wireless was not configured and ethernet was not connected (9). Not sure what that means.
SWM AC Power Adapter with a coax plugged into it going back to the outside splitter. A septerate coax coming in from the outside splitter goes to a DCA brick which is plugged into my HR22-700 receiver and also a cat5 coming off the DCA is plugged into the receivers LAN port.
1. What i don't understand is why TV2 needs the cat5 going into the lan port on the HR-22 and the HR44 gets internet connection from the coax. Maybe the HR-22 can't???
2. Why does the cat5 in TV1 need to be plugged into a DCA device and not the lan port of the HR-44?
3. I am able to go to on demand on both receivers and start a playback of a show.
All this seemed a bit odd to me but maybe that is how it goes. The installer didn't understand anything about MAC addresses either as I have my wireless MAC locked. Since I'm using a bridge and that is technically wireless, he just didn't get it. I told him I needed the MAC addresses from the receivers in order for them to get IPs. He didn't understand what I was talking about.
Sorry, but all this is new to me and the setup seems a little bit odd. You would think that the internet connection would go directly to the back of the HR-44 and then go to the other receiver though the coax plugged into it. But what do I know.
Edited by jackal2001, 05 October 2013 - 02:19 PM.