Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ACC Network basketball games

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jestr40

Jestr40

Godfather

• Registered
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:56 AM

I live in TN and have always watched the Syracuse basketball games on SNY with the Sports Pack.  Now they are in the ACC...the only games I am concerned about are the ACC Network games that are "double booked" so to speak. (2 games scheduled at same time)  My local station will choose one of the games to broadcast...if they don't choose the 'cuse game can I see it on Full Court?  I know ACC is notorious for black outs.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:49 AM

In past years you could not, but I think the ACC has finally changed their policy on blackouts.  When I first started subscribing to Full Court, if ANY ACC game was on a local channel, ALL other ACC games were blacked out.  My daughter went to Maryland, but in the Raleigh Durham DMA, the local channel would show Duke, UNC, NC State, or Wake Forest, and unless one of those teams was playing Maryland, the Maryland game would be blacked out.  I am pretty sure the ACC dropped that policy about two seasons ago.

For me, what was even worse than the Maryland game being blacked out on Full Court was the fact that the ACC network game was on our local CBS station, so the National CBS SEC game (which often involved my alma mater, Kentucky) was not available locally.  Now, they will at least show the CBS game in SD on a sub channel. The other annoying thing is that there are times when a game is shown regionally on the ACC network and nationally on one of the ESPN channels.  When that happens, the game is blacked out on ESPN/ESPNU/ESPN2 and only available locally on the ACC network.  The video quality of the ACC network games, regardless of whether you watch them OTA or on DirecTV, is usually very bad compared to the video quality on the ESPN channels.

I am looking forward to Syracuse, Lousiville, and Notre Dame playing in the ACC.  One of the reasons Maryland left was that the ACC caters too much to the demands of the four North Carolina schools.  I am sure that the addition of Syracuse and Louisville will bring more balance to the way the league is structured.

#3 OFFLINE   cpalmer2k

cpalmer2k

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

The ACC has changed their policies.  The newest TV contract they signed a few years back essentially eliminated almost all of the local blackout policies in the ACC.  Now even when the ACC Network and ESPN are airing the same game viewers can access both the ACC Network Version AND the ESPN feed.  This extends to the ACC Tournament.  Now you have a choice of which version to watch.  The only exception to this is ESPN3.com broadcasts.  If a game is available on a local ACC station in your geographic area then it will be blacked out on ESPN3.com  

#4 OFFLINE   Nomo1

Nomo1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

So if the games are on a local channel, can you access them on an alternate channel if you have Full Court? I am saddled with an SD local. It is absolutely horrible to watch.

#5 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

So if the games are on a local channel, can you access them on an alternate channel if you have Full Court? I am saddled with an SD local. It is absolutely horrible to watch.

Full Court isn't going to help, ESPN doesn't distribute it in HD.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...