Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GenieGo on my Tablet is a NoGo...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PK6301

PK6301

Legend

• Registered
  • 315 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

I purchased my GenieGo six months ago and it worked like a champ.. The app downloaded to my Galaxy Tab 2, and worked great. I had tablet memory/storage issues and had to uninstall.
This week I rehooked up the GenieGo, and tried to reinstall the app, There is where it all stops.
About a month ago my tablet updated the OS ver from 4.1 to 4.2.2.. I tried to download the GenieGo build dated 16 Sept and they dislike each other.
The Republican OS and the Democratic App have caused a Shutdown..:lol:
It works once, but when I try the app a few hours later, I get a blank screen.
It gives the option to send an error report which I have done, but last night I did call Tech Support and got an incident number.
I do not know if anything will come of it, but at least I tried to elevate it up the chain.
Sent from my GT-P3113 using DBSTalk mobile app

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,343 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

Do you have any other clients? Are they working OK? or is the tablet the only one?

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   PK6301

PK6301

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 315 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

Do you have any other clients? Are they working OK? or is the tablet the only one?

Only things on system :
HR44
HR24
Living Room Blu Ray
Sons Blu Ray
My Tablet (Galaxy Tab 2 )
And GenieGo

Edited by PK6301, 06 October 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,343 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

No, I meant clients for the GenieGo.  Sorry

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#5 OFFLINE   PK6301

PK6301

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 315 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

Update: I had called Tech Support at Direct, the GenieGo and Android 4.2.2 are NOT Compatible at the moment, a fix is coming soon (but we have seen their soon before, it could be months )

#6 OFFLINE   thebigeazy

thebigeazy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSouth Louisiana

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

Here is the quote from the "Google Play" description for GenieGo:

REQUIREMENTS
- Compatible with most Android devices running OS v2.3.4 to 4.1. OS 4.2 support coming soon. Droid Bionic requires OS v4.0 or later. For a list of compatible devices, please visit www.directv.com/geniego. 
(Note: Download & streaming requires the Android device to be on the same Wi-Fi network as the GenieGO device)

#7 OFFLINE   BMWBig6

BMWBig6

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:15 AM

Hmm, I have Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) on my Dell Venue tablets and GenieGo installs fine but won't open (just see a blank/black screen).  I thought the Nov 5 app update improved compatibility. 

Ben

DirecTV HR44-700 (Genie), C41-500 (Genie Mini), HR24-200, HR24-100, Genie Go (Nomad)

#8 OFFLINE   PK6301

PK6301

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 315 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

Update: The Nov 5th update fixed my problem... It is very Stable on my Android tablet.. I have had no problems so far...

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

#9 OFFLINE   dazed&confuzed

dazed&confuzed

AllStar

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

Installed the Geniego app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and it is a no-go. I just get a blank screen. (Android 4.2.2)  

The app works fine on my samsung Galaxy II phone.(Android 4.1.2)

Main reason I bought the Geniego was to use it with my tablet...    :bang

#10 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,270 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

Related problem:

Sorry if this answer is rather obvious;

Don't know a lot about tablets, but my brother just bought a..., well let's just say inexpensive or maybe "entry level" :) one at Walgreens for ~$100.00.

Called a Polaroid A8, running Android 4.2.2. The GenieGo app. installed just fine, but when I try to stream inside or OOH, it pretty much ends there. The picture and sound is just a distorted mess. Choppy, shuddering video, with distorted sound which is frequently out out of lip sync as well.

Is this just a case of a cheap tablet which doesn't have the horsepower to run the GG app.?

Or can someone offer some other advice as to why the streaming runs like a pig on this tablet?

Briefly, from the Walgreens web-site on this;

http://www.walgreens...26-00007ba7387e

Operating System:  Android™ 4.2

Processor:  Dual - Core (SOC Chip: Super Dualcore A20)

RAM:  1GB/DDR3

Screen Resolution:  1024 x 768 (4:3)

Internal Memory:  4GB*

External Memory:  Micro SD

Networking:  Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n

Battery:  Rechargeable Li-ion Polymer

*Actual internet memory may vary depending on the operating system of the device and preloaded apps.

Oh, and in case you are wondering, my brother just got the tablet this past Saturday and has not had time to pickup up a micro-SD card for it to expand the memory, plus he was thinking it's 4 GB internal memory was sufficient for the moment, he found out he only has about 800 MB of free space remaining due to the OS, installed apps, and other minor data stored on the device, so he cannot transfer a prepared file from the GG to test local playback of the file stored on the tablet itself.

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#11 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,267 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:40 AM

Has anyone else been able to get GenieGO to work with Dell Venue 8?  I have two that were bought as gifts and one has the blank screen issue and the other says the app doesn't work on rooted devices.  Both are brand new, just opened and are running Android 4.2.2.  

I was hoping to load them full of content before they were opened.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#12 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,545 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

Scott,

I'm pretty sure I read in another thread somewhere here, that another person was having problems with a Dell Venue 8.  But there are so many Genio Go threads now, I don't remember where.

http://www.dbstalk.c...hl=+dell +venue

Found it!

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#13 OFFLINE   BMWBig6

BMWBig6

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

Thanks Supramom. Yes I'm having problems too. I get the black screen even after the Android 4.3 update. What does DirecTV tell you when you call to complain?

Edited by BMWBig6, 24 December 2013 - 12:34 PM.

Ben

DirecTV HR44-700 (Genie), C41-500 (Genie Mini), HR24-200, HR24-100, Genie Go (Nomad)

#14 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,545 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

It's ironic timing!  I just purchased a cheapo tablet for one of my sons, since he has a great laptop and a Nook as well.  It is really so he can take Word and Excel homework back and forth with a lighter load than his large 15 inch laptop.  It is a Maylong Mobility 7" Tablet M-270.  It has Ice Cream Sandwich  and does not appear to allow for upgrading the O.S.

I was able to download GenieGo, but get the message that it won't work on a rooted device.  Which of course, this one is not!

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

Protected By... spam firewall...And...