Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Does PTAT Learn?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 569 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

We have had a new Hopper install for a week now. Installed on Saturday. Last Sunday after everything "settled", or seemed to, I set all the timers to Save Series for PTAT fare in hopes to save it to the user side and all week it worked great. In PTAT all the evenings programming was recorded and the ones we had Save Series set for would "save" or I am hoping. We'll see on the 9th day. But today Sunday, I see on both Hoppers that only the programs that we have Save Series timers set for are set to record. Not everything in the PTAT time slot as it has all week. That would tell me that PTAT has "learned" what we want to watch and how and has adjusted itself accordingly. Or am I just reading way too much into this and we have the identical problem on both HwS? It looks like Monday is the same on both HwS. Only the programming that we want to save is being recorded of the PTAT tuner. I think it's smart. But then again, what I think isn't always . . .

Right now on on HwS only one timer is set to fire listed under PTAT and all the rest that are in the PTAT line up are listed as regular timers with no other programs in the time slots recording. Also the TV Activity is showing between two TV's (HwS & Joey) that all the tuners are being watched and that PTAT has been running for hours. The third tuner has been showing the big four running on it and a listing is showing that it has been watched for 2:25:00. I have noticed PTAT running later than it should during the week, but it was recording programing that we scheduled. I'm beginning to think it's confused and a reset is in order?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 569 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Well got it down to 2 tuners and the PTAT to go off by putting the Joey, the game, on the OTA tuner that was recording it which took it off the PTAT turner. Moved the Hopper TV to the same tuner and all the rest, except for the two the were recording went away. So I guess that you can hold PTAT as long as you stay the tuner. That's not right. I hoping in the back of my mind that now PTAT is "off" that the PTAT timers will "populate" themselves properly? I'm not worried about missing the programs because it made standard timers for them. So . . . . But this did not resolve the other HwS. It still is only going to record the programs that there are Save Series timers for. So, again . . .

Hmmm . . .

#3 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 569 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

Well we're into PTAT time and the TV Activity page is accurately showing tuners and what should be happening. Although the rest of the DVR pages are not showing what is and should be going on. This is on both HwS. But this time next week all looks as it should in the Schedule Page. Oh well, proof is in the pudding. Whatever that means.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...