Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

H25-700 Code: 775 Issue

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TheMostWize

TheMostWize

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

So I have been reading some responses to other problems people have had with the 775 error but none of them seem to fit my exact problem so I figured I would post it and see what the responses might be.

Last night my wife asked me if I could move our HD Receiver from the kitchen to the bedroom TV. I unplugged all the wiring went into the basement found the coax and the connection in the Power Inserter and unplugged the kitchen coax and plugged in the master bedroom coax. Super simple.... so I thought. 

After hooking everything up in the bedroom I keep getting the 775 Problem connecting with sat.

Now I have 2 boxes I have a HR21-100 HD-DVR in the living room. This box still works perfectly fine has no connection issues all features still work.

I am curious where my problem could be and if there is a way to test the coax running to the bedroom without having to have a tech sent out?

I am good enough with my hands that I can do whatever needs to be done the problem is I don't know what needs to be done.

Thanks in advance and if I left anything out let me know.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,968 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

While it may be a little inconvenient, can you move the HR21 to the bedroom and see if it has the same problem?

If so then its the coax to the bedroom or the connectors on it which is the problem. 

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#3 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,861 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

My question is, is it possible that when moving things around, you moved the line to the power inserter off of the red port on the splitter? 

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#4 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

My question is, is it possible that when moving things around, you moved the line to the power inserter off of the red port on the splitter? 

That's what I was going to suggest at first, but the TS said the HR21 is still working fine plus he seems to describe it as though he switched the lines by disconnecting at the "To IRD" port of the PI. 

#5 OFFLINE   TheMostWize

TheMostWize

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

I just realized I forgot to mention that the box that was in the kitchen worked fine I literally had it on an hour before I moved it and it was working perfectly fine.

#6 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,557 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

It sounds like you may have picked the wrong cable; one that doesn't go to the bedroom.

Aside from installing a terminating cap and coupler and measuring resistance with a meter, you'd probably need more sophisticated test equipment (like a toner) to make sure you had the right cable.

Can anyone confirm that the H25 does or doesn't know about a 771 and instead gives a 775?

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#7 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

It sounds like you may have picked the wrong cable; one that doesn't go to the bedroom.

Aside from installing a terminating cap and coupler and measuring resistance with a meter, you'd probably need more sophisticated test equipment (like a toner) to make sure you had the right cable.

Can anyone confirm that the H25 does or doesn't know about a 771 and instead gives a 775?

A bad cable can also correctly cause a 775 error;

Since if the cable is bad it can prevent proper communication between the receiver and SWiM switch via the 2.3 MHz control signal thus resulting in a 775 error message. 

#8 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,276 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

Here is what I do to try to test a cable when I am lazy to get my meter.  connect the power supply PWR to SWM port to the cable that you think goes to the bedroom.  in the bedroom find that cable. put your tongue on the fitting of the cable.  if you feel voltage (a little bit more than a 9v battery, you got the right cable.) if it did not hurt, then that is the wrong cable.  easy peasy...

now install the power supply as it was before the test.  

*test at your own risk ..... :righton:

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#9 OFFLINE   DB Stalker

DB Stalker

Legend

• Registered
  • 131 posts
  • LocationTooele, UT

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

Here is what I do to try to test a cable when I am lazy to get my meter. connect the power supply PWR to SWM port to the cable that you think goes to the bedroom. in the bedroom find that cable. put your tongue on the fitting of the cable. if you feel voltage (a little bit more than a 9v battery, you got the right cable.) if it did not hurt, then that is the wrong cable. easy peasy...

now install the power supply as it was before the test.

*test at your own risk ..... :righton:

Doing it this way is worse if you psych yourself out and jam your tongue onto it. Just a quick swipe is all that's required.
Before you go sticking your tongue places you'd rather not though, if the LED on the PI goes out (or changes to a very dim pulse) after you connect it to that cable then you know the cable has a short.
An easier way to make sure you've got the right cable is to move the PI into that bedroom and then stick your tongue to the cables in the basement. You don't even need fittings down there to do it this way.
#)

#)

#10 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,276 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

Doing it this way is worse if you psych yourself out and jam your tongue onto it. Just a quick swipe is all that's required.
Before you go sticking your tongue places you'd rather not though, if the LED on the PI goes out (or changes to a very dim pulse) after you connect it to that cable then you know the cable has a short.
An easier way to make sure you've got the right cable is to move the PI into that bedroom and then stick your tongue to the cables in the basement. You don't even need fittings down there to do it this way.
#)

Of course, I did not imply to start making out with the fitting! !rolling

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

spam firewall