Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Networking Two Genies with a HR21-100

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nolzman

Nolzman

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

I currently have the newest Genie network/linked to two HR21 HD DVR's.  I was giving a clean HR24-500 and I was thinking about replacing one of HR21's with this Genie.  It is possible or are there any issues with linking two Genies and an HR21?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,344 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

I was giving a clean HR24-500 and I was thinking about replacing one of HR21's with this Genie.  It is possible or are there any issues with linking two Genies and an HR21?

An HR24-500 isn't a Genie.  The Genie models are HR34 and HR44. 

Last 'official' word was that subscribers are not allowed to have two Genies on one account. 

#3 ONLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,102 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

And by clean, you mean that you verified with the access card department that it was owned and no issues activating once you get a new access card?

#4 OFFLINE   Nolzman

Nolzman

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

I re-checked and it is an HR24-500.  I just looks my new Genie and not the other HR21 DVR's I own. And yes I verified with DTV that all I need is a card.  A friend bought her recevier outright, moved back to Canada and gave it to me.  She also gave me a HR21-100, but I did not need this one. Plan to sell it.  I guess I need to check out the specs on the HR24-500.  THanks.

#5 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,344 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:55 AM

To answer your original question, you should have no problems adding the 24. Since you already have a Genie and two HR21s, you should have a SWM16 installed. That allows up to 16 tuners. You currently have nine. Just make sure you do not exceed eight tuners on either of the SWM's legs.

Correction: you want to Replace a 21 with a 24. You will still remain at nine tuners and once you deactivate the old 21, your monthly bill should remain the same.

Edited by trh, 08 October 2013 - 03:58 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   DB Stalker

DB Stalker

Legend

• Registered
  • 131 posts
  • LocationTooele, UT

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

Just make sure you plug the coax directly in the hr24 and remove the DECA. There shouldn't be anything plugged into the Ethernet port on the hr24.
#)

#)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...