Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mom

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

It's as good as any other Chuck Lorre show, and of course every show he does is pretty good. This one might even be a little better than the rest. The whole "redemption" theme might be a little tired and well-worn, but that's about the worst thing I can think of, other than I am yet to be impressed by the 14-year-old daughter character. I've been a huge fan of Allison Janey since Private Parts and The West Wing, so it is great to see her in a great role in a good show. She could park her shoes under my bed any time she wants.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

Really liking this show.

#3 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,822 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

Still on the fence. Much of Mr. Lorre's humor centers around the misery of others and the acts of largely irredeemable characters. I'm still watching for now, but losing patience for Ms. Faris. This would be a better show if the grandmother were the primary caregiver and had to contend with occasional appearances from the mother. 

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#4 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,127 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

Still on the fence. Much of Mr. Lorre's humor centers around the misery of others and the acts of largely irredeemable characters. I'm still watching for now, but losing patience for Ms. Faris. This would be a better show if the grandmother were the primary caregiver and had to contend with occasional appearances from the mother. 

We watched it the other night for the first time and were not impressed.  But, I learned from Seinfeld not to judge a comedy quickly and give up on it.  Boy, was that a BIG mistake.

Rich

#5 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,298 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

We thought the last episode was really laugh-out-loud funny. Yes it's Lorre humor but that's a recommendation as far as I'm concerned.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#6 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,108 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

i'm starting to warm up to this show. i love allison janney and she is the reason i started watching. but anna faris and the younger actors are growing on me. i thought last night (10/28) was laugh out loud funny.

#7 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

CBS’ ‘The Crazy Ones’, ‘The Millers’ & ‘Mom’ Get Full Season Orders

http://www.deadline....-season-orders/

#8 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered