Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HR34/HR24/HR21 with "unsupported" MRV?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   berniec

berniec

AllStar

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

In my house i have an HR34, HR24, and HR22 receivers, all connected to my ethernet network at home.

I can view content on any of them on my GenieGO and see them listed in my iPad app; so i know they are all on the network and talking to each other. I know all the sharing settings are right (otherwise I wouldn't be able to see the programs from the receivers listed on the GenieGO).

I can not get any of the receivers to see the content on any of the other receivers using the whole home function.    I've called DirecTV and they state that the MRV feature is set to unsupported mode.  Is there anything else that needs to be done to make this work?  Is anyone else doing this successfully?

HELP!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

Under Menu, Settings, Whole-Home do you have "share playlist" set to yes?

And are you paying the $3 per month?

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   berniec

berniec

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

well when i called they see the MRV on my account and they are billing for it, and they say its set to unsupported.

all DVR's have "share playlist" set to yes

#4 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

What does the "status" show under whole home?

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#5 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,820 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:15 AM

we need more info. Who wired up you system and how exactly? Do you have a bsf in the line somewhere to keep the genie deca signal from hitting your other units? How many switches (Ethernet and coax) an such does everything go through? With your setup it would take one deca on your HR22 to go all supported. Why haven't you gone that route? I might suggest running supported for the genie and HR24 just to see if that works. And what's changed recently? Was it working before? Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

#6 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,922 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:43 AM

"I'd guess" this has something to do with your router.

Back when I had ethernet MRV, I had one DVR that couldn't be seen, but DirecTV2PC had no problem.

After trying everything I could think of, I rebooted my router and it worked.

A.K.A VOS

#7 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,784 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

In conjunction to the below ensure your list options (- key or yellow button in list) has its playlist options set to all. If it is set to local you would not see the other DVR's list contents.

Should default that way but.

VOS makes a very important statement about a band stop filter. Genie class machines send their whole home traffic out on DECA and switched Ethernet concurrently and if using switched Ethernet the DECA traffic must be blocked.

Don "easy as 126" Bolton

Under Menu, Settings, Whole-Home do you have "share playlist" set to yes?

And are you paying the $3 per month?

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

#8 OFFLINE   berniec

berniec

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

All the receivers are connected to the same enterprise class switch and on the same subnet.  That is then fed by a router to get to the internet. 

as stated all that infrastructure is working since my GenieGO can see all the receivers.

the reason i dont go supported is because i diplex my OTA and wouldnt be able to do so with a supported system.

I dont have a BSF on any of the recover.  I have two diplexers in-line back to back to attenuate the DECA signal from interfering with my diplexed OTA signals. when there was just one my OTA would take hits every few seconds so i too the sat out of the first diplexer, ran it into another diplexer, and took the sat out of that one and fed the HR34 I could try the filters just for the heck of it i guess.

the status on the whole home shows authorized but "no network DVRs found"

Edited by berniec, 08 October 2013 - 05:04 PM.

#9 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,922 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

All the receivers are connected to the same enterprise class switch and on the same subnet.  That is then fed by a router to get to the internet. 

as stated all that infrastructure is working since my GenieGO can see all the receivers.

This may be leading you in a false direction, as they may be like MRV & DirecTV2PC which seem to use different ports.

I understand that you've got OTA & DECA "working", but for future info if you use the NAS 9501 diplexer, you don't need to stack two to get the right rejection.

A.K.A VOS

Protected By... spam firewall...And...