Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Genie, 0x0744/0x746 - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,168 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

Does this release fix the flashing and pixelation issues?  I am still on 740 from late August (never got 741), and the problem is getting worse.  I have an HR34.  Thanks.

NOTE: 741 was only for the HR44s anyhow.

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,610 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

I reboot my receivers after each new software download. I use the menu method just once.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#23 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

Couple observations with 744. I have an AM21 that was only getting 1 of the half dozen or so OTA channels I used to get. Now all those channels tune in again. It used to give me a message about a weak signal, so that was fixed. I still get a 3-5 second audio delay when using Doubleplay or PIP and switching to a buffered tuner.

I also just completed a double reset, using the menu, in hopes of getting MyDirectv populated and my YouTube and Pandora back. Those features and Genie Recommends were off since last nights download.

#24 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hr44/700
Report 20131009-1EC7

Picture breaks up, pixelates, audio hiccups, pixelates itself back to normal. Repeatable when I RW. Report sent within minutes of the breakup. No weather issues.

#25 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

Couple observations with 744. I have an AM21 that was only getting 1 of the half dozen or so OTA channels I used to get. Now all those channels tune in again. It used to give me a message about a weak signal, so that was fixed. I still get a 3-5 second audio delay when using Doubleplay or PIP and switching to a buffered tuner.
I also just completed a double reset, using the menu, in hopes of getting MyDirectv populated and my YouTube and Pandora back. Those features and Genie Recommends were off since last nights download.

Today all those OTA channels are gone again and I get the 771 Signal loss on the off-air tuner message. The HR44 did reboot again last night. Maybe I have a cable problem? Maybe it's the firmware? Who knows.

Update: I just re-ran Antenna Setup and a few of the missing channels returned. A nearby ABC affiliate still shows Signal Loss. This issue is looking less like a cabling problem.

#26 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,484 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

My update to 744 occurred yesterday at 3:48am.  Starting last night, I lost access to programs on my HR44/700 with my GenieGO.  The HR44 show up as in the DVR Playlist Manager, but no programs.  Resets to the GenieGo returns the HR44 programs for a few minutes (and can be played) and then they disappear again (or if they are still there, I get a DVR busy error).

I don't know if this problem is an x744 issue or not.  But that's the only thing that changed between when I could access my HR44 through the GG and can't.

#27 OFFLINE   adamson

adamson

Godfather

• Registered
  • 512 posts
  • LocationN Central Florida

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

Wednesday morning firmware 0x744 downloaded. Ten instances of severe pixilation during a program that was recorded that evening and watched Friday 10-11-2013. Since we have had this receiver no issues in PQ but were minor other issues. Fine work as usual on the firmware!

HR44-700 C41W-100 C41W-100, Ultimate Package, NFL ST, Distant Networks ABC CBS NBC FOX East/West

#28 OFFLINE   pborders

pborders

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

I am new to this forum.  I am not exactly tech "savvy".  I do have a problem that is really weird though.  I'm hoping someone has either experienced this or has a solution or at least an idea.  Periodically, while watching a program, whether recorded or live, the picture will just go out for anywhere from one to ten seconds and then come back on.  It started with just the main television in the living room, but now the other three televisions in the house are experiencing similar issues.  I've changed all the HD cables, changed televisions and everything else I can think of.  This problem is not consistent in that it has it's good days and bad, and on some days won't occur for several hours, while others it'll be every two minutes.  I'm quite positive that should I pay the ungodly fee for a Directv tech to look at equipment that belongs to THEM, it'll do just fine while he sits, watches my TV and looks at me like I have a third eyeball.  Just like when your car make a bad sound until you take it to the mechanic!  And yes, I've "reset" it several times now.  And no, not excessively in the same day.  Just enough to realize that is doing nothing to solve the problem.  

Anyone out there have any suggestions for me?  Thanks everyone!

#29 OFFLINE   adamson

adamson

Godfather

• Registered
  • 512 posts
  • LocationN Central Florida

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

adamson, on 12 Oct 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

Wednesday morning firmware 0x744 downloaded. Ten instances of severe pixilation during a program that was recorded that evening and watched Friday 10-11-2013. Since we have had this receiver no issues in PQ but were minor other issues. Fine work as usual on the firmware!

It appears this is an isolated incident. Nothing else with this issue recorded since firmware download.

HR44-700 C41W-100 C41W-100, Ultimate Package, NFL ST, Distant Networks ABC CBS NBC FOX East/West

#30 OFFLINE   sangs

sangs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:41 AM

I am new to this forum.  I am not exactly tech "savvy".  I do have a problem that is really weird though.  I'm hoping someone has either experienced this or has a solution or at least an idea.  Periodically, while watching a program, whether recorded or live, the picture will just go out for anywhere from one to ten seconds and then come back on.  It started with just the main television in the living room, but now the other three televisions in the house are experiencing similar issues.  I've changed all the HD cables, changed televisions and everything else I can think of.  This problem is not consistent in that it has it's good days and bad, and on some days won't occur for several hours, while others it'll be every two minutes.  I'm quite positive that should I pay the ungodly fee for a Directv tech to look at equipment that belongs to THEM, it'll do just fine while he sits, watches my TV and looks at me like I have a third eyeball.  Just like when your car make a bad sound until you take it to the mechanic!  And yes, I've "reset" it several times now.  And no, not excessively in the same day.  Just enough to realize that is doing nothing to solve the problem.  

Anyone out there have any suggestions for me?  Thanks everyone!

You might want to start a separate thread about this issue, as this threads deals specifically with Genie 0x744 issues. There are plenty of people here that can attempt to help you. Good luck.

#31 OFFLINE   AndrewSi

AndrewSi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

I have had a problem since switching to the HR34 and a few Genie Mini's a few weeks ago:  Every day or two, the mini's lose their connection to the HR34 and just show a blue screen.  The only thing that brings them back is a software reset of the HR34.  They are connected via MOCA, of course, and there is a DECA so that the MOCA network is bridged to the hardwired Ethernet network in the rest of the house which has the gateway and router to the internet.

When the connection is lost like this, the HR34 will show the register mini's as not being connected in the Info screens, but nothing is physically changing between when it works and doesn't work, as I said the soft reset of the HR34 brings the minis back on line for another day or two.

The coax lines to each unit meet at a SWM-8 in a structured wiring closet.

1) Has anyone else experienced this behavior?
2) Is there any difference that anyone's noted given the recent HR34 update?

Thanks,

Andy

#32 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,616 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

Not that particular behavior. You might try Advanced Setup in Network settings. Run through them without changing anything, or set your Genie to a fixed IP. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#33 OFFLINE   AndrewSi

AndrewSi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

I'll try creating a static address for the Genie and see if it goes away. Thanks for the idea.

#34 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,338 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:12 AM

I'd try turning off upnp in your router, and if that doesn't work, then I'd disconnects the deca bridge for a bit and see if that stops it,so you know if its int he genie system or your home network.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

#35 OFFLINE   bpratt

bpratt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 578 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

I received 744 on 10/9/13, about 9 days ago on my HR44-500.  Since then I have one problem that has occurred 3 times.  While viewing a recorded show, the picture and sound freeze almost like someone hit pause, but no status bar at the bottom.  Hitting the play button has no effect.  In order to get the show to play again, I hit pause then play and it continues on.  Other than that, 744 is working great. 

Now 4 times.  It happened again this morning while watching Sunday Morning delayed.  Am I the only one having this problem?

Edited by bpratt, 20 October 2013 - 11:40 AM.

HR10-250   550G WD  6.4a
HR21-700   750G WD x08ca AM21
HR21-700 2000G WD x08ca AM21
HR44-500 2000G WD x093d
DirecTV since 1997

#36 OFFLINE   Strog

Strog

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

I have had a problem since switching to the HR34 and a few Genie Mini's a few weeks ago:  Every day or two, the mini's lose their connection to the HR34 and just show a blue screen.  The only thing that brings them back is a software reset of the HR34.  They are connected via MOCA, of course, and there is a DECA so that the MOCA network is bridged to the hardwired Ethernet network in the rest of the house which has the gateway and router to the internet.

When the connection is lost like this, the HR34 will show the register mini's as not being connected in the Info screens, but nothing is physically changing between when it works and doesn't work, as I said the soft reset of the HR34 brings the minis back on line for another day or two.

The coax lines to each unit meet at a SWM-8 in a structured wiring closet.

1) Has anyone else experienced this behavior?
2) Is there any difference that anyone's noted given the recent HR34 update?

Thanks,

Andy

I got a similar problem with one of the clients, I have three of them.  It all started with x0740, never had this issue before and nothing has changed on my network... Only way to avoid this for me is to disconnect from my home network and reboot HR34.  Configuring static IP did not help, UPNP is always disabled on my network.  Called Direct 3 times to make sure is noted on my account.

#37 OFFLINE   sriggins

sriggins

AllStar

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

Does this release fix the flashing and pixelation issues?  I am still on 740 from late August (never got 741), and the problem is getting worse.  I have an HR34.  Thanks.

No. We just started getting the flashing/pixelation issue, which is why I am here, I am on 744.  I need to figure out what this is about.  HR-34 also.

• Pete-Repete likes this

#38 ONLINE   ScottP

ScottP

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

Just got Genie (HR44-700) Saturday, installer downloaded 0744 onto it. It rebooted overnight (I assume part of adding the extras to the menu), and Sunday morning the List function was broken. Not only could it not see the playlist from the HR24 in another room, it couldn't see its OWN playlist. Both were visible from the HR24. Had to double-reboot to fix it and start the guide download all over again.

Edited by ScottP, 21 October 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#39 OFFLINE   lflorack

lflorack

Godfather

• Registered
  • 472 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

I'd try turning off upnp in your router, and if that doesn't work, then I'd disconnects the deca bridge for a bit and see if that stops it,so you know if its int he genie system or your home network.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

Just before I had my HR44-700 installed earlier this month, my 2x HR20's started to periodically stop seeing each other's recorded programs and each other.  Now that I have the HR44 -- which replaced/eliminated one of the HR20's, the issue has continued.  Rebooting always brings back connectivity for a random amount of days.  I've changed both the HR44 and the HR20 to static IP's but that hasn't seemed to make a difference. Is there something about the software versions the HR's are currently on that cause this change.  Nothing in my LAN has changed and this issue started prior to the HR44 being installed.  I was running MRV in unsupported LAN mode (when  the issue started -- but now has continued) prior to the change to the HR44.  My units were working well and would go months without losing connectivity or requiring rebooting. 

I noticed in your post, that turing UPNP off on th Router might help.  I thought that I had been reading in several other posts that it needed to be ON (which mine is).  Is my memory failing me or is UPNP suppossed to be off?

Links: My System Diagram | System Pix
Yamaha RX-A2010, Samsung UN55B8000, AppleTV, Roku3, Yamaha CDC-685, Oppo BDP-93
Klipsch: (2) RF-83's, (1) RC-64, (2) RVX-54's, (2) RSX-5's
SVS: (1) SB13-Ultra
See links above for additional system details.

#40 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,338 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

Ages ago it was suggested turning it off may help in certain circumstances with some routers.

I suggest also disconnecting from the Internet, wipe out all static IP and reset network defaults and then see if this issue occurs. Eliminating a lot possibilities will tell you a lot.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...