Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Genie, 0x0744/0x746 - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,176 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

I'm getting the "No Internet detected......" code 22 But, everything else is ok Blu-ray  computer I did the twin reboot this a.m. came home and have some icons. TV apps will not work. Reset home net. Do I need a service call? 

you can def call DirecTV and schedule a service visit.  however, if you tell us more about your system we might be able to help 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,007 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

I think I figured out what causing my remote issues. A few days after I got the HR44 the select button on the remote just quit being registered by the HR44, but other buttons would work. Today the arrows and select stopped working, but things like menu, info and exit worked fine. Looking at the light on the HR44, the keys that were not working would actually register many seconds after a button press. I was on ESPN, as soon as I went to another channel it was fine. I assume its that stupid red score thingy.

RF or IR? have you tried both?

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#53 OFFLINE   billyd88

billyd88

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

I have the HR44/500 and received the update on 10/16 and ever since have not been able to wirelessly connect to the internet. This is my 2nd unit in 2 months and it worked flawlessly until this update( about a month and a half). After the 5th reset I'm ready to throw this thru the window as after being a happy customer since '97 I have never had this many issues with one of their receivers. I know my way around DTV but am NOT very tech savvy and am looking for a solution. My wireless thru Verizon works great in the room where the receiver is. Any ideas.....

Edited by billyd88, 21 October 2013 - 08:16 PM.

#54 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,007 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

My idea is to get rid of wireless. It's always going to have more issues and disconnects than wired. Can you run an ethernet wire to the 44 and reboot the router and DVR?

#55 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,176 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

My idea is to get rid of wireless. It's always going to have more issues and disconnects than wired. Can you run an ethernet wire to the 44 and reboot the router and DVR?

Agree 100000%  nothing beats a good solid wired connection 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#56 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,389 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

Version 0x744 was downloaded to my HR34-700 at 03:52 this morning. At 06:45 I turned on my set to watch the morning news. A message appeared stating my receiver needed to reset. Using my remote I authorized the reset. Upon doing so my receiver froze and I had to do a manual reset to unlock it.

DIRECTV customer since 1995.

#57 OFFLINE   Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:09 AM

RF or IR? have you tried both?

Im running RF. Not dedicated enough to try IR. I just didnt understand why it would acknowledge button presses like 5-7 seconds later. Once I left ESPN, it worked A-OK and didnt even require a restart that time.

65" VT50 / BDP-S7200
Denon AVR-4520CI
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500

#58 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,389 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

Version 0x744 was downloaded to my HR34-700 at 03:52 this morning. At 06:45 I turned on my set to watch the morning news. A message appeared stating my receiver needed to reset. Using my remote I authorized the reset. Upon doing so my receiver froze and I had to do a manual reset to unlock it.

Follow up: I experienced two additional freeze ups with my HR34-700 since posting and had to manually reset the receiver on both occasions. Also had to reconnect the receiver to the internet.

DIRECTV customer since 1995.

#59 OFFLINE   maddy

maddy

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

I had a HR44/700 receiver installed and updated with the 0x744 FW version. Followed the double reset workaround. Everything seems to be working fine including Pandora and on demand movies. But You tube app is causing problems. Everytime i click on teh app and try to view a video, i keep getting the "Cannot connect to the internet error". Any thoughts on resolution?

#60 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,007 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

HI, Maddy, welcome to DBSTalk! 

Just how long ago was the install? 

The first thing to try is another reset of the DVR. Go to menu, Settings, Restart receiver. Otherwise, possibly time passing may let it back in. 

#61 OFFLINE   maddy

maddy

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

Hi Lax Guy,

Thanks for the welcome.

The install happened yesterday @ 11AM central and I have reset my receiver about 6 times since then. I continue to get the same error with You Tube. I am able to go into the app, it is just when i try to view the videos there, that the system throws the error. BTW, i did confirm that web videos was enabled in the settings menu.

When you said over time it may fix itself, are you referring to the same symptom that i explained above? Is this a common occurrence as, being able to get into you tube but not play a video?

#62 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,007 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

Sorry, can't answer for usual occurrences, as rarely do Youtube on big screen. But perhaps it needs a day or so with no restarts.... 

You have OK download speeds? 

#63 OFFLINE   maddy

maddy

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

yeah. I am measuring 16-18Mbps on a hard wired network. On Demand HD movies work without issues. 

#64 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,007 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

You're several times the minimum required. It still just may be a matter of time.

#65 OFFLINE   sangs

sangs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 453 posts
  • LocationNE New Jersey

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:23 AM

My HR44 had been working flawlessly until yesterday. Received this new update at 4:17 am on 10/22 and twice yesterday it rebooted spontaneously - once while watching in the afternoon and the second time during a recording of SHIELD last night. Literally, it was flawless until this. Sigh.

• lgb0250 likes this

#66 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,007 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

One or two reboots following an update may be inconvenient and annoying, but those alone don't mean you will for sure see more problems. Good luck!

#67 OFFLINE   rmmccann

rmmccann

AllStar

• Registered
  • 284 posts
  • LocationND, USA

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

I received 744 on 10/9/13, about 9 days ago on my HR44-500.  Since then I have one problem that has occurred 3 times.  While viewing a recorded show, the picture and sound freeze almost like someone hit pause, but no status bar at the bottom.  Hitting the play button has no effect.  In order to get the show to play again, I hit pause then play and it continues on.  Other than that, 744 is working great. 

Now 4 times.  It happened again this morning while watching Sunday Morning delayed.  Am I the only one having this problem?

I had this problem on 740. It hadn't bothered me for a while. Two nights ago my Genie (34) was updated to 744 and the following night I had this problem again. Really weird (and annoying) bug, but at least a quick pause/play fixes.

If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, you will live your whole life believing it is stupid.

#68 OFFLINE   Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

One or two reboots following an update may be inconvenient and annoying, but those alone don't mean you will for sure see more problems. Good luck!

Ive just been doing two menu resets after a SW update to flush the data. Nice to start from scratch, same reason I reboot my phone after an app update.

65" VT50 / BDP-S7200
Denon AVR-4520CI
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500

#69 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,007 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

A good practice, but overkill for some. I reboot my phone several times a week, as I shut it down completely several nights a week, when it is near full charge at bed time. 

#70 OFFLINE   AndrewSi

AndrewSi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

So following up on my problem with disconnecting mini-Genie's, it seems like the suggestion to go with hardwired Ethernet rather than the DECA may be a good one - no new disconnects in the last 48 hours or so.  Fingers crossed.

#71 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,007 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

Good news! Keep the DECA/CCK kit in case you change your whole configuration, though. 

#72 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 18,077 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

I had a HR44/700 receiver installed and updated with the 0x744 FW version. Followed the double reset workaround. Everything seems to be working fine including Pandora and on demand movies. But You tube app is causing problems. Everytime i click on teh app and try to view a video, i keep getting the "Cannot connect to the internet error". Any thoughts on resolution?

while on live tv press the dash key. Does it say internet connected?

#73 OFFLINE   JohnBoy

JohnBoy

• Registered
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

I just noticed that movie trailers play fine on my HR-44 but on my clients the trailers dont play but just get the grey light screen.

Mas Ultra Package + NFL ST MAX (Go Bills) MLB Xtra innings (Go Yankees)
1  Genie HR 44 - 700
3   Mini Genie C41 - 100
1 AM21 OTA Tuner

#74 OFFLINE   richall01

richall01

Godfather

• Registered
  • 311 posts
  • LocationSouth Georgia

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:40 AM

Went to look at History and found that there was a software download Wed night. Show 0x744... on the more info screen. Looks like it fix the "cannot connect to Internet" problem. Also channel 125 The Screening Room is now in  HD 1080p.

#75 OFFLINE   RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv

Icon

• Registered
  • 666 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

I've had my HR44 for a week.  I am still getting used to it because it is a little different and quirky compared to the HR2x's I'm used to, but there is one problem which is very annoying.  I am unsure if it is related to the latest software or a problem others have encountered prior.

I record games on NHL CenterIce.  It is very common that the broadcast doesn't begin exactly when it is supposed to.  It might start 20 or 30 seconds later.  For the HR2x's this was not an issue.  They would start playing the recording, and the program might take a few seconds to appear on the screen but no problems with playback.

With the HR44 I get an error message "all or part of this program did not record" and then it skips to the end of the recording.  If I am starting a game for example an hour in, it will take me to that point in the recording where I can readily see the score.  There is no way to start at the beginning of the program.  If I stop it and choose start over, the same thing happens.  If I choose resume, it will go back to the end of the recording.

I have gotten into the habit of playing a recording as the game is to start, and when the picture appears, I press pause.  Then I exit, and when I go back to the recording later and choose resume, it will start at the beginning where I paused it.

Has anyone else had issues like this with any of the sports progamming? and if so, how did you get it fixed?

SMK

Protected By... spam firewall...And...