Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP 211 Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   eriksat1

eriksat1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

VIP 211 Yesterday I was watching tv when the screen froze up. Now I did a hard reset unplugged power, and I get nothing, tv says no input signal, the remote won't turn the receiver on or off can't bring up menu screen, The receiver appears to power up, is the receiver shot? I was using the hdmi output. But funny the remote won't do anything all of a sudden.

Edited by eriksat1, 08 October 2013 - 08:43 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,421 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

Try using a different output of the receiver. If you hook it up composite or component and it works, you can start checking your HDMI setup.

If you have some manner of intermediate equipment like a switch or AVR, bypass it and see if things don't improve.

Note also that remotes with dead batteries are surprisingly ineffective at controlling their associated devices.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#3 OFFLINE   eriksat1

eriksat1

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Remote batterys are good. Now the thing won't power up at all. I guess time for a new receiver. p.o.s. didn't last 2 years.

#4 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 301 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

eriksat11,

I can understand how this can be frustrating and I am happy to help you. Have you been able to get the receiver menus on the screen? If so, please press the buttons of; Menu/6/1/1 and select Check Switch and then test. If not, please PM me with the phone number on the account to better help you.

Thanks

#5 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,421 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

When the receiver "won't power up at all", it is safe to assume that there will be no checking of switches.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#6 OFFLINE   foghorn2

foghorn2

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

'its dead Jim"

• shadough likes this
"I will save you everyone. and then you can pay me when I'm done" -Stuart Adamson

Protected By... spam firewall...And...