Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

HR34 remote problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 587 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

HR34 running x740 in rf remote mode. Watching live TV this am. Attempted to pause the program.

Didn't work. Tried several other buttons. No rice. Tried 2 other remotes. Still no rice. Finally did a

RBR and all is working fine. Any ideas why this happened???

Tks

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,714 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

3 remotes did not work. It is the HR34s problem and not the remote.

Next time it does this, try pressing one of the buttons on the front of the receiver like the channel up or down or the exit button and see if it works after that. I believe I read a post that someone did this and it worked for them.

good luck.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   montanaxvi

montanaxvi

Legend

• Registered
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

Just experienced this with my HR34 as well.  Watching NCIS (which was about 45 minutes in when I stared it) not one single problem during the playback and pause of the show.  When it was over I was unable to get the remote to delete it, like it wasn't responding.

Now response from the unit itself is sporadic with about half the on device buttons working.  With the remote I get partial button response with all the play/ff/rew etc all non responsive.  In addition, the exit button works and the unit shows light flashes on the front panel to recognize I am pushing the exit button, but majority of remote commands do nothing.

Too many things recording right now to do a RBR.

Is the above my only resolution at this time?

#4 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,470 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

I had it happen as well.  But I used the panel buttons to do a menu reset rather than an RBR as that is softer on the system.

And yes, a reset or RBR appears to be the only way to fix this.

• montanaxvi likes this

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#5 OFFLINE   montanaxvi

montanaxvi

Legend

• Registered
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

Finally at 11pm Eastern when all the tuners were free I fiddled around with it some more and I was getting the same lack of response from the remote and most of the front panel buttons.  Had to do a RBR from the front panel near the access card and upon reboot, everything worked as normal.  

#6 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 587 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

Sri for the late reply but I tried the front panel and that was dead too, so only a RBR was the option...

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...